Fourteen

[|]

My back, my legs, everything hurt!

The practice was brutal and I was lucky I didn't come home with a broken body part because Maddy had lied that it was just 'movements'. I had been stretched in ways I didn't know I could go but at the end of it all, I did pretty well.

Now, I was under the hot shower, calming my aching muscles. I knew that I was going to be a crying mess by tomorrow. Which way was I am glad that the game was in the evening and not early the next day?

After my shower, I changed into my house clothes and walked out. I collided with a body and gasped when I felt familiar hands cupping my ass. I rushed back and wrapped my arms around my waist while staring away from a chuckling Martinez.

"You think I've forgotten about that little runaway stunt you pulled a few days ago? Tsk, you can run but will always come back," Martinez said and started walking toward me.

"Honey, I need your help!"

I sighed in relief at the sound of my mother's voice then ran past Martinez who hissed to my hearing. I ran into my room and locked it, then slid to the floor. I shut my eyes for some seconds to clear my mind before opening them.

"Just a few more months and I'll leave this place, this town. I'll leave behind all these disgusting memories," I whispered. "Moving away is the only thing that can help me now."

[|]

Saturday came by so fast and the first thing I woke up to was a call from Maddy, telling me she would pick me up for a morning practice. I had groaned after the call as I dreaded the thought of my muscles going through another wave of pain.

I threw my head back with a groan when Maddy shouted another order for a formation. I mumbled in a complaint and went to my position behind Maddy then struck the first pose at her command.

As we moved and chanted, the doors to the basketball courtyard opened and the boys who had assaulted me strolled in. I immediately stopped and moved back, effectively bumping into a girl behind me.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" The girl angrily asked.

The girls stopped and turned toward us, as well as those boys. When their eyes spotted me, something flashed on their faces then when I saw them walking in our direction. I glanced at Maddy whose eyes held concern. I looked back at the boys and ran backward before jogging in another direction that led to the restrooms. I ran into the restroom and shut the door.

When I saw it didn't have a lock, I cursed and looked around the stalls. I ran into one of the stalls and locked myself in. When I heard the main door opening, I sat on the toilet seat and lifted my legs off the floor then held my breath. My heart hammered so fast when I saw feet that most likely belonged to the boys under the door of the stall I was in. I shut my eyes when they stopped in front of the door, wishing everything I was experiencing currently was a dream.

"I swore I saw her come in here," one said and I opened my eyes.

"You know what? We'll find her later. Let's go back to practice," another said and after five seconds, they left the restroom.

I dropped my feet and sighed in relief. Even though they had left, I didn't want to show myself until the game began. Worst of all, they were on the team and I don't think I could continue with the cheerleading squad after this.