Ninety-Eight

[|]

"Wait, Ruth has a girlfriend? Yet she's after my own man?" I angrily asked Andrea through the phone when the thought crossed my mind.

"I'm not sure you're aware that people cheat or plan to cheat on their partners. Look, we don't know how dangerous Ruth is. Well, she is dangerous from all indications but you need to be careful out there," she said and the noise of paper followed suit.

"Do you have any information about this Donatella fellow?" I asked and rose to my feet, fingers crossed. "Like where she leaves or her phone number?"

"What are you planning on doing?" Andrea asked in a suspicious tone.

I rolled my eyes. "Just tell me, Andrea. I need to know. I need to find Donatella and have her answer some simple questions about her girlfriend."

Andrea was quiet for some seconds, probably trying to convince herself to give me what I wanted. I heard a sigh and a mutter and I smiled.

"Fine. Donatella Adamson is seventeen, in the tenth grade, straight As student, a lesbian. She's been dating Ruth for a year now from what we gathered online. She's the daughter of Mr and Mrs Adamson, who own a car company. She lives with her parents in Carson Estate, house number 24. She goes to the same school with Ruth. That's it."

I thanked Andrea and ended the call then rushed to the door, only to step back when it opened. Jared was at the door, holding plastic bags filled with items from where he had bought them. He was eyeing me suspiciously which I did not like.

"I'll be back," I said and walked past him but he quickly blocked me with his body.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asked, glaring down at me.

"I have to find someone. Excuse me," I said and tried to get past him.

"No, you're not," Jared said and pushed me backward with his body.

"Hey!" I stepped away from him and crossed my arms in anger. "What's your problem? I just want to step out for a moment. I'll be back before you know it."

I watched through angry eyes as he dropped the bags on the table by his side. He grabbed one and raised it in front of him.

"I'm sorry but I won't let you do that," he said and walked up to me. "You will have to eat first before leaving this place."

"But I'm not hunger," I retorted, feeling annoyed. "I'll eat when I come back."

"Jackie," he said my name in a hard tone a no nonsense look on his face. "I bought you food and you're going to sit down and eat everything bit of it. You have pills to take."

I craned my head sideways at his statement.

"Pills?" I asked. "What pills?"

Jared scoffed and grabbed my hand then pulled me to the bed. He forced me to sit before he sat opposite me.

"Lucas called me a few minutes ago and asked about you. Don't worry, I didn't tell him you were in Redside. He sounded worried before he told me you forgot your pregnancy vitamins and all. He took a picture of the pills and sent me some money to get them."