Chapter 11: Soft Spot

Wednesdays POV:

"Sorry, I didn't mean to yell. I just really hate that song." I say, genuinely apologetic, looking up at Enid.

"It's oK. I should have asked if you heard it. I really shouldn't have played it. I'm sorry Wednesday." Enid says quickly. I could tell that she was sorry, and I could tell that she was very nervous.

"Seriously, Enid, it's okay." I say reassuringly. Enid smiles at me and puts her phone down.

"Ok, Wednesday?" I'll look up at her. "I do have one question though."

"Go on."

"Are those- God, this is such a weird question. I don't really know how to phrase it."

"Enid." I say, inadvertently asking her to hurry up.

"Are the lyrics true?" She says quickly, immediately looking down back at her plate. I kind of sat there frozen for a minute. I personally have no clue if those lyrics are true. I mean, how was I supposed to know?

"Enid, I don't know. I mean, I've never- I-I wouldn't know because I've never done anything where- like, I don't know."

"Well, neither have I." She says, comforting me a little bit with her words. I have to admit, hearing her say that does make me feel better, but I could have sworn maybe her in Ajax had done something.

"But Ajax-"

"All me Ajax did was make out. I wasn't ready with him." She says, getting a little quieter at the end.

"Enid, I have to say the image of you in Ajax making out in my head is disgusting." I add completely honest. She rolls her eyes at me and continues the conversation.

"Please, you have no room for judgment. Your first kiss was a serial killer monster." She says while laughing. I can't help but smile at her. Laugh. It is quite contagious. "You know your face softens whenever you talk to me. I find it kinda cute." She says, smirking up at me. I nod my head quickly at her.

"That's just not true."

"Oh, it's so is! You got a soft spot for me Wednesday Addams."