Chapter 43: Conversations pt2

Enids POV:

I squeeze Wednesdays hand tighter in mine and take a deep breath. I know my mom is homophobic. She always talked about and criticised other gay people. It was the small comments that made me upset.

"Enid. Do you remember what I have always taught you?" My mom says from the chair. I notice that my dad is still at the door, watching from a far.

God I hope he doesn't agree with her.

I don't respond to her.

"Well Enid. I taught you that there is only one way to love. Only one way that is acceptable." She says looking over to Wednesday. "Can you tell me what that is?"

"Mom-" I start to say.

"Enid I need you to listen. You need to understand that you are not what Wednesday is. You are better than her. You are more pure." My mom says. I can feel my heart beating fast. I want to yell at her so badly. I turn my head to Wednesday and she is calm, probably as calm as I have ever seen her.

"Mom." I say looking back over to her.

"Yes honey." She says hopeful.

"I'm in love with Wednesday. And frankly, I don't even know what my sexuality is right now because that doesn't matter. All I know is that I want to be who I am, not who you force me to be. And if you don't like it, then you don't have to be here with me for it." I say standing up on my feet.  My mom stands up with me and walks towards me more. She looks furious.

"ENID SINCLAIR!" She yells "I WILL NOT ACCEPT YOU TO BE ONE OF THOSE DYKES!"

"THEN DONT, I WILL DO IT ALL ON MY OWN! I DONT NEED YOU! I DONT NEED AN UNSUPPORTIVE, IMPATIENT, STUCK UP, BITCH." I yell at her. The whole room goes silent. I don't swear that often. But when I do, it's just like that.

"Fine, I will leave. But you are no long we my daughter. I will not live having a daughter that always disappoints. Maybe without me you will finally get something right." She says quickly grabbing her stuff and walking out the door.