Chapter 87: Double Date

4:43PM

Wednesdays POV:

It's been three days since me and Enids relationship became public. The whole school knows and quiet frankly the whole town of Jericho is aware as well. This doesn't bother me as much as it bothers her. I still get homicidal when a teenage boy walks up to me and suggests that "I haven't met the right guy yet." or that he can "change me." but like I said before, it doesn't bother me as much as it bothers Enid.

I have definitely been taking our situation lighter than she has. And I understand why. Enid has more to lose than I do. She is known around the school, has a popular blog, and her mothers wild heteronormative expectations don't help at all.

She claims that the comments in person and online don't effect her and that she doesn't care what people think.

That's complete bullshit.

I know it.

She knows it.

A stranger on the street knows it.

Me and Yoko are the only two people that are fully aware of Enids anxiety. Of course everyone has some sort of anxiety, but there is a difference between being nervous about a job interview, and having a panic attack when you don't know the answer on a geometry test. Enid has both.

I'm not fully aware of why Enid won't admit that the occasional harassment is bothering her. It's totally normal for someone to be upset in a situation similar to hers. But its up to her if she decides to talk to me about it.

Anyways that's why today is so important. It's a Saturday and on this particular Saturday me and Enid are going on a double date with Yoko and Divina.

Normally it would be Enid forcing me to do something so stereotypical as a double date, but this time I found myself talking Enid into it. I don't mind Yoko as a person, although I would never tell her that. Divina on the other hand could use some work when it comes to her loyalty...but let's put that aside. I think it is a good idea for Enid and me to be out in public together, even if it's with Yoko and Divina as well. It will not only make Enid more comfortable with being a couple in public, but it will make me more comfortable with voluntarily being around people other and Enid or Eugene in general.

And no, we are not going to The Weathervane. I suggested that we don't go because I don't want to be reminded of Tyler. So instead we are going to a locally owned restaurant called Uncle Mills. Yoko is the only ones that's been there, she says it's "decently cheep with good comfort food."

We are all leaving in seventeen minutes to walk down into Jericho for the dinner. To say that i'm dreading having to sit in a small booth for a two-hour-long double date is a massive understatement.

FILLER CHAPTER!!