Chapter 95: Rodent

TW: BLOOD

Wednesdays POV:

Monday is the worst day for classes. The most boring. The least useful. The worst. When school ended I immediately headed back to the dorm. Enid said that she was helping Yoko with a presentation for her government class and wouldn't be back until later in the day. This didn't bother me. It means that I am able to have a few extra hours to write my novel in silence.

I get my desk all set up and ready to type. My hands hover of the keys, ready to click but nothing moves. No thoughts, no ideas, just hands hovering over the typewriter. I rest my hands on my lap and stare at the blank paper propped up in front of me.

As soon as I start to pick my hands up again I hear a ruffling sound coming from Enids end of the room. I turn around and stare at the colourful mess that is my girlfriends bed. I get up from my chair and start to slowly walk over when I hear the ruffling noise again.

It's not uncommon for Nevermore to have mice roaming around. It's an old building so mice are bound to be here. Normally, Enid would be to scared to kill....get near a mouse, so we normally have Yoko come in and get it. She gets free blood, Enid avoid a heart attack. Ignoring the fact that Enid is a werewolf, she is indeed a puppy. A puppy that has never stepped on an ant or killed a fly.

I drop myself down to the floor and try to look underneath her bed.

No wonder her side has been clean the last few days, all her nonsense is shoved under here.

I start to move clothing out of the way while I search with my right hand for the rodent. I feel something move in front of me so I jolt my hand quickly further under the bed without thinking.

Ouch...

I wince slightly at the pain travelling through my forearm. I quickly pull my hand out from under the bed to examine what happened.

The cut is about four inches long, deep, and bleeding rapidly. Clearly going to need stitches. I cover my cut with my left hand and start to walk over to my side of the room. As soon as I reach my bed I hear a ruffling sound coming from Enid end of the room again.

That is going to bother me. How am I supposed to focus on cleaning myself up when I know that the problem is still in the room?

It's better to get the rodent now than risk getting it later and hurting myself again...correct?

Whatever...that's what I'm going to do.

I turn back around letting go of my wound. I watch as the blood drips down my arm, to my hand, and on the floor. I don't think it's that big of a deal, getting injured. Wounds either heal, or kill you. And since I don't feel like i'm dying at the moment, i'm going to be fine.

I walk over to Enid end of the room and start to search under her bed again, feeling around for the mouse but also whatever cut me. I move around clothing, shoes, bags, and what I'm assuming are books of some sort.

I hear the mouse move from side to side, away from my hand each time. Knowing what it's next move was going to be, I moved my hand all the way to the right side of underneath the bed, keeping it as still as possible. I then take my left hand, and hit the foot of the bed, making the mouse get scared and running to the opposite end. A second later I feel something touch against my palm and grab it.

I pulled my arm out from under the bed and hold the mouse by it's tail like a prize. I look at it for a while. It's a normal size. Grey, with hints of blood on the fur. Probably from my arm. To be honest I forgot that I was bleeding. I was so focused on the mouse I didn't realise the mess that I had made on the floor, and the mess that I am continuing to make by the second.

I walk over to my desk and gently place the mouse in the trash bin. I'll remember it later to give Yoko.

I look around the floor of the dorm room, covering my forearm back up with my left hand. I see multiple smaller groups of blood around the middle of the room from when I first got injured. Then I move my eyes to look at the larger, but less full, blood pool coming from beneath Enids bed.

Well then...I'll clean this up in a second.