Chapter 42: Conversations pt1

Wednesdays POV:

This couldn't be more awkward. I wonder who is going to be the one to break the silence. I am staring at my parents blankly. I look over at Enid and she is doing the same, but she seems a little more...scared. I know my parents won't mind. I mean, I think my mom had a fling with a woman when she was younger.

"Well Wednesday I always knew you had a little bit of flavour to you, I just never knew that flavour would be a fruity one." Mortica says walking over to Enid. "This is for you darling." She says handing her a gift basket. I look inside and there is a lot of colourful items in it. Looks like they know her well.

"Thanks?" Enid says still slightly confused on the whole situation. "Mom? Dad?" She says nervously over to her parents. They still haven't said anything since they caught us.

"Enid." Her mother says to her.

"Yes."

"May I have a word with you." Her mother says to her in a serious tone. Enid looks at me worried, I sit down next to her in the couch and hood her hand, I smile at her calmly.

"Whatever you need to say you can say it in this room mom." Enid says sternly.

"Ooooo, spicy that one. I like her Wednesday." Gomez says walking over to stand next to Mortica.

"I would prefer that this conversation be in private." She mother says.

"I wouldn't." Enid responds quietly but quickly.

"Fine." Her mother says walking over to the couch. She sits down in the chair and looks at Enid with a disappointed expression. I can feel her squeeze my hand tighter. I know that she is nervous.