Chapter 69: Target Bag

Wednesdays POV:

Here we are, back at Nevermore. Me and Enid are in the same dork as last semester. Thank god. And right now we are getting unpacked and ready for the school assembly. At 10:00 all students are supposed to report down to the quad so they can introduce the new headmaster. God let's hope it's a good one.

"Wednesday?" Enid says from across the room.

"Yes Enid?" I say getting my typewriter all set up in my desk. Thing clicks the keys a few times to make sure it's working.

"Do we need to sleep in separate beds? I mean, I am going to miss sleeping in the same bed as you." She says walking over to me.

"I suppose that we don't have too." I say pausing and giving it some thought. "We can both sleep in my bed, I'm sorry but I am not going to sleep in Cinderella's wet dream over there." I say motioning to Enids bed with all of the stuffed animals on it.

"Rude." Enid defensively.

"Always." I say with a slight smirk on my face. "Oh Enid!" I say realizing what I had forgotten to give her. I walk over to my bag and pull out a target bag. "I got you something."

"You got me a target bag?" She says confused.

"No no no, it's what's in the target bag." I say walking over to her. "I know what you have been super stressed about coming back here...so I decided to get you a little gift." I say handing her the bag. "Don't think to much into it."

She grabs the bag and pulls out a black cat plushie. I watch her face as she forms a smile ear to ear.

"Awww Wednesday-" She starts.

"I said don't think you much into it." I say sternly.

"Oh of course of course." She says sarcastically playing along.