Chapter 109: Covers Can Be Telling

YALL SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR A WHILE 😭😭 IM TRYING. JUST A SHORT LIL CUTE ONE I THOUGHT OF AS MORE OF A FILLER CHAPTER!

Wednesdays POV:

Well.

I was wrong.

I wasn't very...dominant last night.

I thought I would be.

I hate being wrong.

Scratch that.

I normally hate being wrong.

Right now...

Right now I feel okay with being incorrect.

I am the only one downstairs right now, considering it's seven in the morning on a Sunday I'm not expecting anybody to be up so early. I got up around six, and completed my whole morning routine per usual. It's cold up here in Vermont so I put on baggy black jeans, a black long sleeve t-shirt and a black and white oversized button down sweater with the buttons halfway undone.

Since we have no food in the house yet I'm just sitting down at the dinning room table, typing away.

I'm not always writing my novel either. When I'm feeling a certain emotion, whether it's anger, annoyance or the very rare joy or sadness, I write about it. I find that the emotions go away faster when I type it out onto a piece of paper.

A little while later I look to the bottom of the stairs as I hear footsteps start to walk down them. A few seconds pass by and Kent pops his head around the railing.

"Morning." He says walking into the kitchen, wearing a white tank top and a pair of plaid boxers. He goes over to the coffee machine and pours himself a mug. I look at him perplexed because he doesn't add any sweetener or milk. He takes a sip and then notices my expression. "What?"

"You didn't add sweetener or milk." I say blankly to him. He nods his head and goes to take another sip.

"You didn't either." He responds, pointing to the mug of black coffee next to my typewriter.

"That is because I'm not a sweets person, you on the other hand are, or at least seem like one." I say to him, focusing my attention back onto what I was writing about.

"Don't judge a book by its cover."

"Covers can be very telling." I retort.

"Covers can also be misleading." He says.

"Key word, 'can'."

"You said 'can' as well." He quickly responds. I look back up to him as we both take another long sip of our coffees. I think to myself for a moment before I say anything in response.

"Why don't we talk more?" I ask him. I try to think about when was the last time me and Kent have ever had a one on one conversation, and I can't remember.

"You don't like talking to people." He snarks. He walks over to the table and sits down at the chair diagonal from me.

"That what it seems like on the cover."

"Covers can be telling." He says, making the same point that I just made a few second ago.

"Key word 'can'." I respond, repeating what he said as well.

"So you do like talking to people?" He asks with a doubtful tone in his voice.

"I like talking to people that are worth talking to."  He nods his head and looks at me understandably. I continue typing for a while until I feel my brain tell me to stop. I take my paper out of the typewriter and rest it on the table.

"Am I worth talking to?" Kent asks me curiously. Not many people are worth talking to in my mind. In fact, most people that I know I would happily go the rest of my life not speaking to them. Even though I haven't spoken to him that much I can't help but want to talk to Kent more.

"Yes, I would say so."

WHATTT IS WEDNESDAY ADDAMS MAKING SOME FRIENDS OTHER THAN ENID AND EUGENE AND KINDA SORTA BUT NOT REALLY YOKO!?