Chapter 15: Gas station pt2

TW VIOLENCE

Enids POV:

"Fucking freak can even talk now." The first boy says. He gets in my face and as I try and back away he grabs my arm. I pull back a little bit and he grabs my other arm, causing me to drop all of my snacks.

"Speak." He says spitting in my face. I start to tear up. "Are you starting to cry you little freak. Did you not hear me? I SAID SPEAK!" He yells in my face. I fully start to cry when I hear the door to the store start to open.

"WEDNESDAY!" I yell still looking at the boy. He gets mad at me for yelling and strongly pushes me into the shelf of the store, as I bang my head against it. "Wednesday!" I say trying to yell but it can't be fully understood through the tears.

This makes the boy even more pissed off as he raises his hand and slaps me across the face. I felt all of it, I felt him calling me a freak, I felt the slap, I felt the dance all over again and I just sit on the floor and start to cry.

Wednesdays POV:

I wonder what's taking her so long?

As I think to myself I decide to get out of the car and go inside to look for Enid. As  I start to walk to the door of the gas station, I see three boys laughing, on their way out of the building.

"Enid?" I say opening the door and walking into the building. "Enid!" I say a bit louder as I start to walk around the store. At this point I start to get worried.

What if something happened to her? Is she okay? Where is she?

As I turn the corner of the last aisle I look down to see Enid crying in the floor. I quickly rush down next to her and hug her as tight as I can.

"What happened?" I say sternly. I rub her back in circles as she holds onto me tight on the floor.

"T-they called me a f-freak and t-they laughed at me and th-then he..." She says crying as hard as I have ever seen anybody cry. It broke my heart to see her in pain. I felt sad and upset. But mostly, I felt mad.

"What happened next? What did they do?" I ask in a soft voice. She leans back and shows me the left side of her face. It's red. I have never gotten more angry any faster, and I know exactly who did it.