Chapter 64: Wednesday Will be the Last

Enids POV:

After Wednesday calmed me down I went into the kitchen to get some water. What I didn't realize was that someone had followed me in.

I turn around from filling up my water in the fridge to see Ajax standing there smiling at me. I jump in shock for a moment and spill my water on my sweater.

"Jesus you scared me." I say grabbing some napkins to clean up the spilled water on the floor.  "What are you doing in here anyways?" I say smiling back at him from the ground, cleaning up the water.

"I just wanted to talk with you for a moment." He says clearly nervous. I get up from the ground with a worried expression on my face.

"Why, what's wrong? Your scaring me." I say to him setting the dirty towels aside.

"I just um.." He says not being able to get it out. He takes a deep breath as he regains a bit of confidence. "I still love you." He spits out.

I look at him confused for a second.

Still loves me? But, I love Wednesday...

"Ajax-" I say before he cuts me off.

"Shit I shouldn't have told you now this friendship is going to be all weird and shit, and I should even had said anything-" He says rambling. He cuts himself off. "I'm sorry Enid."

"Ajax, it's okay. I love you too, but not in the same way. I hope you know that." I say trying my best to let him down as easy as possible.

"You will always be the first person that I dated, you will always be the first person I kissed, you will always be the first person I loved...but Wednesday will be the last for all of those things." I say to him. He nods his head and smirks at me shyly.

"I'll be in the living room." He says as he starts to walk away.

"Ajax." I say stopping him. He turns around and looks at me. "What you told me just now, doesn't change our friendship at all. We are good."