Chapter 80: Never Felt Safer

Enids POV:

I wake up to Wednesdays alarm clock going off from her side of the room. I honestly don't know why she even uses an alarm clock, she wakes up at the same time anyways.

I flutter my eyes open as I watch Wednesday swiftly get out of bed and go over to her closet to get her uniform. She pauses and turns around.

"Enid you have first shower today." She says resting her clothes on her bed neatly and turning around to me.

"Since when?" I say still barley awake.

"Since you have a newfound cast on your leg and since you already take an hour to get ready in the morning." She says pointing to my left leg. I roll my eyes and look back at her.

"I can't even take a shower Wednesday. The cast isn't supposed to get wet." I watch as Wednesday turns around and reaches into her black leather backpack. She pulls out a stretchy looking plastic bag and a rubber band. "Why the hell-"

"Don't ask questions." She says cutting me off. She walks over to my bed and tosses the items on my comforter. "Get up, you need to shower."

I sigh and slowly get out of bed.

Wednesdays POV:

A few minutes after I forced Enid out of bed I hear a thud coming from the bathroom. I quickly get up from my desk chair and walk over to the bathroom door.

"Enid." I say lightly knocking on the old door.

"I'm okay Wednesday, please don't come in." She says quietly. I hear slight shuffling against the ground followed by another thud.

"I'm coming in Enid." I say sternly shortly before opening the door. I stare down at Enid sitting on the ground with her knees pulled in closely to her chest. (she's able to do this cause the cast only goes up to the beginning of her knee)

I quickly rush down to the floor and help her get up. I grab under her armpits and lift her up as fast as I could. I hold her still for a second and look at her face. I could tell she had been crying. I let go of her to wipe her tears when she starts to fall again. I catch her quickly and hold her up by her hips.

"What's wrong cara mia?" I say softly to her. She finally looks me in the eye and then stares down at her cast.

"I-I can't stand without the crutches. How am I supposed to...how do I shower?" She look at me sadly when she is done talking. I think for a second before responding to her.

"Let me hold you."

"What?" She says confused wiping away the rest of her tears. I hold her hips tightly in my hands.

"Let me hold you up while you shower." I say to her. She thinks to herself.

"You mean like, shower together?" She asks in a tone I don't quiet recognise. It's a mix of confusion and hope at the same time.

"I suppose so." I respond to her. I watch as her cheeks quickly get more red by the second.

"Isn't that a little intimate? Even for us? I mean, well you've seen me naked but not in the shower. And i've never actually seen you fully naked. And normally I would be comfortable with someone seeing me naked, especially if that someone is you. But it's like- different in such a vulnerable place like a shower-" Enid rambles before I cut her off.

"We don't have to do anything that you don't want to do, especially if you are uncomfortable with it." I reassure her. She looks around the room for some reason and looks back at me.

"No, we can do it. I do have a question though." I nod my head and wait for her to ask the question. "How do I stand while you are like, you know...bathing?" She asks nervously.

"All you have to do is hold onto me. Okay?" She nods her head.

I hold her waist stronger as she lets go of my shoulders and starts to take of her shirt. After she is done taking off her shirt she grabs my shoulders. I bend down slightly to help her take off her sweatpants and underwear. She lifts her cast leg up first, and then the other leg. She winces in pain because she has to put all her pressure on her broken leg.

"Put the pressure from your leg onto my shoulders Enid, I can take it." I say to her.

She obeys before she pushes down all her weight onto my shoulders, finally being able to lift up her right leg so I can take her clothing off. I stand back up and move her hands from my shoulders to my waist as I start to take my clothes off.

I've never been fully naked in front of Enid. Whenever we had done anything sexual a part of my body was always covered up. It's not that I'm insecure either, it's just that i've never trusted anyone enough to reveal myself to them. But here I am, fully naked in front of my favorite person in the world. And my favorite person in the world fully naked in front of me.

And the comforting part is, I have never felt safer with someone in my life.