Chapter 93: Rest In Horror

Wednesdays POV:

"So how exactly does one play twister?" I ask, watching Enid and Bianca set up the game in the middle of the room. Yoko is on Enids bed watching, while Kent is relaxing on Enids bean bag that he moved next to her bed.

"How do you not know how to play twister?" Yoko asks me in disbelief.

"She's Wednesday Addams." Kent says to her before I have a chance to respond.

"Forgot." Yoko replies.

"Contrary to popular belief, I did grow up with conventional American games. They were just...slightly modified." I state. The group looks up at me confused.

"Define slightly modified." Enid asks breaking the silence.

"Yeah, I need an example." Bianca adds.

"Well for example hide and go seek in my household was hide and go hunt." I say, taking a seat on the floor.

"Hide and go hunt?" Kent asks me.

"Yes. My brother thought of the name. I can assure you if it was up to me I could have come up with something much better. However the difference between my version of the game and yours is after you found who you were looking for the game didn't end there, instead the person that got found has an opportunity to run away and hide once again. But, while they are running away, the hunter has to try and stop them but any means necessary. Weather you use a crossbow, grenades, blades, etc.. But here's the fun twist, if the person getting hunted ends up dead while they are trying to hide, you hunters loses and they win." I say with a slight smirk on my face. Fun times.

"How is that a fun twist?" Kent asks, looking at me astonished.

"Let me guess, you always won?" Yoko asks me.

"Is that even a question?" Enid says smiling at her.

"Of course I always won. I only ever played with my brother and occasionally my cousins. May some of them rest in horror."

"Rest in horror, who are you?" Yoko says once again.

"She's Wednesday Addams Yoko." Kent says to her.

"Forgot...again."

"What happened to some of your cousins?" Bianca asks. She seems like she's genuinely curious, so frankly I have no reason not to respond.

"Well, for the ones that are alive they are fine. Living as one does. For the ones that are deceased, most of them got murdered." I say casually. Enid looks at me worried, although I'm not sure why.

"Why did they get murdered?" Kent asks me.

"Plenty of reasons. Addams are known to be very peculiar and strange as one would say. The Addams family has always been the outcasts of the outcasts in a way, and I suppose that's still how we are to this day. So instead of people trying to understand us, they lash out, they try to get rid of what they don't understand. It doesn't happen nearly as much as it used too, but there will always be hate, there will always be a lack of understanding. But in recent months, there has been a greater deal of respect. Not just towards me but towards my family as well. So to answer your question Kent, hate is why some Addams get murdered, the other times it's because they had enemies." I respond. I don't talk about my family that much, and I don't talk about how we are treated.

After my pet scorpion died, my mother sat me down and gave me the harsh truth of the world. "People are always going to hate what they don't understand. If they don't understand a person, they will hate that person. If they don't understand a rule, they will hate that rule. But the hate doesn't matter darling, what matters is how you respond to it." She said to me. As much as I disagree with my mother sometimes, she is wise, and careful with her words. And for that, I admire her.

"Do you think your going to get murdered?" Yoko asks me seriously. Everyone in the room looks at her with a 'why would you ask that' expression on their faces.

But not Enid...

the look on her face is saddened...

more emotional.

"Yoko why the fu-" Bianca starts.

"WHAT!? We were all thinking it!" Yoko says louder in a more defensive tone.

"Just because you THINK something doesn't mean to have to say it!" Kent responds, adding extra emphasis on the word 'think'. I look around the room, scanning people's faces and my eyes land on Enids. She's looking at me. Not how she normally does.

She's desperate.

She's sad.

I can understand why.

If this conversation was switched, and we were talking about Enids family and their tragic endings to life I would be upset as well.

"No. I don't believe I am going to get murdered. Multiple people have come for my life in the past few months. I've been stabbed, shot, attacked on multiple occasions by a Hyde, a murderous ghost, even a normie. Most Addams either die from homicide or an experiment gone wrong, very few die of natural causes. And since even a Hyde couldn't not succeed in killing me, and I don't dabble in poisons that often, I believe I will be one of the few."

"Wait, but didn't Enid save you from the Hyde?" Bianca asks me. I look to Enid and smirk.

"Yes she did. And I would bet anything on the fact that if my life were in danger like that again, Enid Sinclair would do everything in her power to make sure that I was not another Addams family statistic." I confidently say.

Enid slightly nods her head as a smile forms on her face.