Chapter 73: Cara mia

Wednesdays POV:

I look at Enid as my blood starts to boil. And not in the good kind of way. How could someone ever hurt her?

"Is that all the note said?" I ask her calmly. She nods her head as I slowly get up from next to her on her bed. I turn back around and look at her in the eye. "And what would this persons name be exactly that wrote the note?"

I watch her as she hesitates in the moment to tell me. I know that she knows if she tells me I am going to do something. And she doesn't want that to be her fault.

"Taylor..." She says looking down at her lap. I watch her for a moment as she looks disappointed in herself. I slowly walk in front of her face and kneel down, holding her chin up with my finger.

"Cara mia, none of this is your fault. You shouldn't have to deal with others who think of you less than just because of your sexuality." I say to her.

A tear slowly falls down her face.

"I know but how do they know? I mean, I haven't told anybody outside of the friend group that we are a thing. And even if someone did know it would have had to have been a normie from the party but they don't even go to this school. So...how does on girl in Nevermore, know my secret?"

"I don't know... but we will find out how okay?" I say whipping the tear away from her face. She says nothing. "Okay?" I say once more.

"Okay...but can i ask one thing of you?"

I nod my head yes and wait for Enid to continue what she is saying.

"Can you not do anything to Taylor?" She says softly. I have a confused look on my face and I know that she notices. "I mean like, don't do anything Wednesday. I know that what she is doing is wrong but I don't want her thinking that you are this person that is just her to protect me. I- um, I like that you protect me but I don't want her thinking that I am useless. You know? When I am ready too I will stand up for myself Wednesday. Promise me that you won't say or do anything to her?"

I watch her facial features change with uncertainty. She faces her head back down and looks at her legs. I pull her chin up once again and move my face close to hers. We stare into each others eyes before closing the distance between our faces. I feel her soft lips against mine. Our faces move slow and passionately together, the most in-sink of people. I get up from crouching and slowly move my body in between her legs not breaking the kiss. I grab her face with both of my hands and move my hands around the back of her neck. She grabs my waist as she pulls me on top of her. Her hands travel to my face and both of my legs straddle her down on the bed.

We stop the kiss for a moment and looks at each other. Me above her and her bellow me. "Promise." I say to her softly.