Chapter 1 - A familiar face. - Page 12.

Toriel immediately turns around and reaches for the purple star, until she hears her other self giggle. Only this time, they sound distorted. Toriel looks behind herself and sees them hug her right hip for a moment, they let go and then stare at her with a confused expression with their normal mouth again, looking at Toriel as if she were a stranger to them.

Toriel sighs and thinks to herself. *I hope this nightmare never happens again.*

The child giggles after she thought that to herself. Toriel feels uneasy, not looking at them now. She touches The Purple Star, for what is now surrounded by a fog of darkness, more static and what she knows to be known as Glitches. Being aware of this knowledge, because of Alphys. Her child like-dream self? Giggled again. Toriel looks down to see them walking in front of her and the star.

They speak her language. "Bye bye! H-Hope you like new experiences!" Her other self's face changes from their innocent appearance to something terrifying and what feels familiar to her. They glitch alot, waving bye to her.

Then they go back to normal and stand there, as if they are waiting for something important. Toriel suddenly gets dizzy, she screams and falls down hard onto the ground with a thud. Hearing The Child's faint laughter slowly fade. Seeing them disappear into the darkness.

She passes out and wakes up alone, still in the darkness surrounding her. Realizing now, she is not waking up and this might just be real. Which makes it even worse. Was that child her future self!? What is going to happen to her? Toriel was terrified over the thought of it, she slowly stands up and sees nothing around her. Not even the Purple Star now.

She summons her red fire, to see a familiar tall figure standing in front of her.

Toriel stands frozen in place, she sees their face and feels her legs sink in, and her body quiver. She is speechless. It's the skeleton from before! Toriel snaps out of her silence. She is normally stronger than this, but after what she just recently experienced, she feels uncertain.

Toriel speaks to the strange skeleton, in a voice that accidentally ended up shaky in tone. "W-Who are you!? You never answered that question before! And is any of this real!? Where am i? How did I get here? Why am I here!? How do you know me and are you my enemy?"

The mysterious skeleton sighed and speaks to her in a deep,cold voice. "My name is Gaster, I was once your Royal Scientist. The original one in fact, heh and as for any of this being real!? That is complicated, same for our location, and as for how you got here."

Gaster gets silent and puts his right hand under his chin, as if he were in deep complex thought. He looks completely baffled at first. He gives off an expression. Toriel could have sworn it was a smirk.

He said with an odd tone in his voice. "I have no idea why you are here, but it must be for an important reason. I know you personally because as I mentioned before, I used to work for you. We were friends, until my untimely demise. I am not your enemy and I never will be. I will always be loyal to you."

Toriel raises her right eyebrow up. She says to Gaster in a nervous voice, that she failed to hide. "I do not trust any of this. How come I do not remember you?"

His expression turns serious. "I fell into my own creation...I rather not get into those details. Other than when I died, I was erased from my existence,shattered across time and space! Nobody as far as I'm aware of, remembers me. I find it rather interesting how you showed here up in this place."

He chuckled while showing a look of interest.