Chapter 1 - The Savestar and a harsh past - Page 15.

Gaster says to Toriel. "I was working in my lab, on my new creation. Project: M.DT.F.T.UG.S.S.PJ. It stands for Monster Determination, Free the Underground. Savestar Project. But some preferred it as a Save point."

He chuckled for a brief moment. "It was my 2nd most powerful creation and maybe in some ways, possibly better. It had the power to manipulate Time and Matter. You could do anything with it.

It gave Monsters Determination! And they would be just fine, safe with it and life was better for a time. I planned to free the underground with everybody having Determination! How I made it stable and safe is something I am still proud of, but that got ruined and caused the accident.

This accident caused me to get ERASED from our universe and forgotten! Shattered across time and space! I exist in multiple places at once, either in many forms or just the same as I am now. Sometimes it is me, but at different times of my life through my mind, sometimes it is me sort of like in a dream like state, or a possibility of me from past or future time periods.

That is something to be mindful of and cautious. Such events can be very dangerous, sometimes even deadly. The accident was caused by both my creations, The savestar and the core malfunctioning. During the time of the events, while your children were alive and afterwards."

Toriel speaks in a nervous response, her voice starts to shake slightly for a moment knowing he created that purple glowing nightmare, and hearing about her children caught her attention.
"So you created that awful glowing purple star!?"

She spoke more but now in a less stressful tone. "Wait, what about my children!? Did you meet them?"

Gaster, feeling offended by her response towards his savestar creation, decides to brush it off.

He thinks to himself. *What did she go through!? I must learn the details! I will ask about this after i tell her everything.*

Replying in a serious tone. "Yes i created it and as i mentioned before it malfunctioned, it is not the same as it once was. It used to be harmless. Yes, I met your children and saw them many times. They were good children."

Toriel is silent for a moment, She replied wanting to change the Savestar subject. "Well then...to the other subjects at hand. Your goals?"

Gaster replies with a grin. "Not yet, first i must mention what the savestar's function and abilities are. The functions are like a game, but set in Reality. You can Save moments in time, in your life and it would be safe and resume again by gently pressing your hand over on the star and seeing the words glowing through it. Save or Continue. Choose either of them and things will happen. Resume moments in your life through Continue or Save them."

Toriel replies. "That sounds impossible, I thought only Humans had Determination."

Gaster sounds more menacing and he responds. "Yes they do have it, but I made it possible for a time for Monsters to have it as well. I even made it possible for Monsters to never die and come back from death! Nobody would ever dust and if they did, it would not be for long, because of their Determination and The Savestar!"

Toriel thinks about Asriel and tightens her fist, she says with a stern voice. "What did you use to create this Star!?"

Gaster replies more calmly. "Do you really want to know the answer to that?"

Toriel nods, while having a bad feeling.

He responds abruptly. "I will finish explaining the details behind the star now if that is fine with you and mention that afterwards."

Toriel, feeling bad for being rude, continues to listen.

Gaster continues. "Alright as I was saying. This Star was meant to improve monsters in every way possible and make them better, healthier and stronger, not to mention the fact I provided Determination for them all, so we all could all free ourselves from the Underground."

She thinks to herself with a sigh. *Well at least now I understand what the star does now. But the fact it did those horrible things before to me and my other self, which is impossible by the way! what else can this savestar do!?!*

Toriel shuddered, with a brief quiet sigh. She is snapped out of her thoughts to seeing Gaster looking directly at her with an expression she cannot read.

Gaster says to her. "You were thinking out loud again, how out of character for you. I wonder what happened."

Toriel replies immediately. "This savestar does more doesn't it!?"

Gaster nods. "Yes it does, i was getting to that."

Toriel feeling bad, quiets herself again.

Gaster sighed for a moment and continued to explain. "The Savestar and the Core malfunctioned awhile back because of a certain event, the death of your children. I have recorded tapes, that adopted human child of yours.

They fused their soul with Asriel. They did so by poisoning themselves with Buttercup flowers. Asriel took their soul and fused together they attempted to free everyone.

I guess my work was not good enough for the human. They left the underground, only to return and die. You know the rest. I know of their activities because of the cameras and recorded audio from tapes of theirs. i had in the underground, to keep everyone extra safe. There was also their recorder, that i found before they left. I even had tapes in my lab. Asgore had both yours and his put there for safe keeping."

Toriel feels angry and summons her fire again through her hands, tears slightly falling hearing such cruel words. "YOU ARE LYING! WHY WOULD MY CHILD POISON THEMSELVES AND ASRIEL BEING APART OF IT!? AND TO KEEP SUCH KNOWLEDGE FROM ME! THAT IS UNFORGIVABLE! ASGORE KNEW ALL OF THIS DIDN'T HE!?"

Gaster replies. "Asgore only knows about the recordings you both made together and the fact you both saw your fused children die. He is in the dark about this, you on the other hand are now aware of it completely."

Toriel feeling upset. "B-But why would such a thing be kept a secret!? I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS!"

Gaster replies in a calmer voice. "I hid the tapes, to protect you both. I had nothing but good intentions, as I said earlier. I am and will always be loyal to you,asgore and the other monsters."

Toriel replies feeling upset. "Show me these tapes NOW!"

Gaster laughs. "I am afraid that I cannot, I can't leave this place remember? but they are hidden in Alphys's lab, which was once mine, she may or may not be aware of it. Be careful on how you approach this matter alright? Do not want to make a scene and cause stress for everyone, do we?"

Toriel is silent and cannot begin to express how she feels, she sighs. "Just continue explaining things to me, anything to get past this hurtful subject..."

Gaster agrees and continues on. "The savestar and core malfunctioned because they came in contact, but that alone did not cause it! Them coming in contact before was perfectly alright, but this time it was not. There was dirt,dust and broken machinery everywhere when I entered my lab. I explored only to find a small flower at my workstation.

Then the next thing I knew, I was being attacked by green vines. I could not move and did not see what attacked me at first. I managed to summon one of my creatures called a Blaster.But I was blind to see my attacker, it didn't stay around for very long.Sans,Papyrus and Alphys came to see me getting attacked.

They tried to help me but it was too late. I was thrown into a hole in my lab, that was caused by a sudden explosion that made the floor cave in, underneath my other creation.It is something I made the same time I created the savestar. It is the 3rd best creation I have ever made. The DT Extractor. I managed to use it before I died. But I guess that is why I ended up here." He sighed.