Chapter 6. - The checkup. - Page 10.

Both hearing a teleportation noise, look at their doorway to see Gaster.

He says in a concerned tone. "You are both awake? It's late, is everything alright?"

Asriel raises his right eyebrow up. "Oh...Chara had lots of nightmares again, it woke me up, so i was giving them comfort."

Chara nods slowly. "Yeah, pretty intense stuff..."

Gaster walks over to Chara's bed, sitting beside both the children. "Want to tell me about it?"

Chara shakes their head slowly. "I don't know..."

He pats their head. "You don't have too, i understand."

Chara sniffled. "The camera recorded everything, didn't it?"

Gaster raises his right bonebrow, turning his head over to camera to left of their door.

His eye-sockets darken. "I do not remember putting up a camera in here."

Chara says in a upset voice. "Then maybe Mad-Gaster did it!"

Gaster groaned. "I have been very busy lately, tired to the point of exhaustion with my goals since last year, maybe i did put a camera up in here but it's not likely.

I respect privacy very much. Mad-Gaster most likely did it for security reasons, but he could have said something. Figures as much. But his methods were good."

Asriel growls. "He should have said something!"

Gaster sighs. "Now now, let's not get upset, maybe there is a chance he did not do anything and i did it instead not thinking straight. Either way, having security cameras is a good idea. But if it makes you feel better. I will check and make sure it did not record any sound."

"Please don't check at all..."

Gaster looks to see Chara crying now. "What did that camera record that upsets you so?"

Asriel tightens his fists. "Chara, hes our adopted dad! We should tell him!"

Chara slowly nods at Asriel, then looking up at Gaster. "Alright, dad, i was not only having nightmares, but I also had memories, It was before i fell down into the underground.

It is all very mixed up and all very confusing but i am sure it would be very important to know."

Gaster pushes them both close. "Anything with you two, is important to me."

Chara smiles at him. "Thanks."

He pats their head.

Chara inhales deeply then exhales. "Alright the first thing i remember, was the falling down into the underground dream, i have those a few times every night, after that was memories of before i fell down...Now i wonder if it was even memories this time around."

Gaster raises his right bonebrow. "What do you mean?"

Chara sniffled. "What if I somehow did a form of time travel?"

Gaster replies in a concerned tone. "That is not impossible, given the nature of this lab and what created it. Not to mention the fact you have powerful Determination and Toriel as well."

Chara coldly says. "She shouldn't have it at all, but i know there was no choice right?"

Gaster tightened his fists. "There is always a choice. But in that particular situation, the other choices of survival and reviving her ran out, there was nothing else left but to Revive her as my daughter."

Chara sighs. "Will she ever remember her old life?"

Gaster replies. "I do not know, maybe someday. Just be glad she is alive."

Seeing Asriel nod. "We are just glad she is alive!"

Chara starts to tear up. "I will resume now...I remember being surrounded by burned down trees, dead humans everywhere, lots of ashes falling from the sky. There was ashes on the ground too. I was hiding in some brushes and later found by my step-mother." sounding hateful at the end.

"I remember hating her, she was a horrible person...My human father said she was a traitor to both Humanity and Monsters-That she killed my human mother." Continuing on.

1 Hour later.

Gaster's eye-sockets are black, he says in a shocked yet serious voice. "You went through all of that!? You poor child. No wonder your hatred for Humanity is strong as it is.

Your human Father from how you described his appearance, sounds like The Grandmaster Wizard and former leader of all of Humanity, from long ago who sealed all of Monster kind into The Underground. But that cannot possibly be. He sounds nothing like that disgusting creature who I fought against long ago, with your parents! Your father sounded like a pleasant individual, whom I would have respected."

Gaster rubs his chin for a moment, in deep thought. *I wonder who Mr.S was and if they still exist.*

Feeling a sudden nudge at his left side, is shaken from his thoughts.

"Dad are you alright?"

Looking down at Asriel. "Oh, just fine. Look if the camera's did record any sound...I would see no problem. Everybody here is family and friends. Right?"

Chara nods, smiling now. "Right!" Hugging him from his side.

He pats Chara on the back, he chuckles for a moment. "Let's go and see if anyone has returned from any of their missions shall we?"

Chara and Asriel both nod.

They jump off the bed, while he sits up from it and makes up their beds neatly. Now snapping his fingers and teleporting them all to The Main Room.