Chapter 6. - Stranger in Underfell. - Page 12.

In Underfell. . .

"WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU!? WE DO NOT SERVE FOOD TO NEWCOMERS, LET ALONE WEIRD LOOKING POINTY-EARED SCALEY FREAKS!"

??? says in a shocked voice. "Well, that was a little rude sir!" Looking at the fire-monster before him. "At Least tell me where i am, i woke up outside of this place, this snowdin that which you call it?"

The fire monster before him starts laughing coldly. "You are either stupid, have memory loss or trying to play me for a fool." looking him up and down.

??? says. "I assure you, i am not stupid or trying to play you for a fool."

The fire-monster scuffed. "Memory loss then!?" wiping off a glass. "That will not do you any good here, you see in this place...It's kill or be killed, you seem like a nice guy and that's the weirdest shit i've seen all day. Aside from the king's friends, who show up here sometimes."

??? says in an excited voice. "A King!? Wow, maybe he can help me!"

The fire-monster drops his glass, it shatters on the floor, grabbing you. "Bad idea! He is not kind to strangers, pal, let alone most of his people. I am surprised he has chosen any friends at all."

??? smiles widely. "Maybe there is a chance, he will decide on helping a stranger in need?"

The fire-monster chuckled for a moment. "Doubt it, look do yourself a favor and sleep in the Inn."

??? says with a look of determination. "I need answers and I am sure he can give me them, somehow!"

The fire-monster walks over to a broom and dustpan, cleaning up his mess. "What the hell is your name anyways? Mine is Grillby."

"That is the only thing I remember...Just the first part of my name. S, as odd as that is."

Grillby slowly nods. "Right. . .Well, good luck with that. Um, what even are you anyways?"

S looks at his blue scaly arms, then touches his pointy ears. "I don't know, i assume similar to what you are?"

Grillby laughs. "If you are referring to a Monster, that is obvious. Because you're no Human."

S tilts his head to the side. "A Human? What is that?"

Choking on his drink, looking at S. "You're not serious right!? Wow you really do have brain-damage."

S frowns. "Is everyone harsh here?"

Grillby nods. "You'll get used to it, don't let it bother you kid. Here." handing him a small bag.

S takes it, peeking inside. "What's this?"

Grillby snickered. "What, have you never seen Gold either?"

S shakes his head sideways. "I am just wondering why the sudden kindness."

Grillby responds. "I have a good feeling about you, just take it."

S smiles. "Thank you!"

Grillby responds. "Yeah, yeah. Go before anyone sees that I gave you that. I am not nice to most monsters but you remind me of myself when i was much younger. Use some of that money and take a room at the Inn, buy some food at the shop here. Alright? I will mention you to my friend Sans, he will keep an eye-socket on you."

S responds in confusion. "Huh?"

Grillby crosses his arms. "Sans is a skeleton, wow you really are new in the head..."

A few hours later. . .

"s, you and i have something in common bud. we both have s in our names."

S sit's alongside Underfell-Sans in Grillby's. "Would the king help me?"

Underfell-Sans drinks some ketchup. "If he can help that gaster,his kids and weirdo friends, i guess so? but you might want to become friends with one of them first and he might consider helping you with your memory problem."

S raises his right eyebrow up. "Gaster? Is he important?"

Underfell-Sans nods. "It would take a lot of explaining and given all the rebriefing I've had. well, i just feel like it would be better coming from the king or his friends."

S crossing his arms. "What do his allies look like and what are their names?"

Underfell-Sans drinks alittle bit more of his ketchup, wiping his mouth off with his right sleeve.

Underfell-Grillby growls. "Can you not!?" throwing both a babywipe and napkin in his face. Walking away from them both.

Underfell-Sans cleans his right sleeve with the baby wipe while nobody but S is looking and wipes his mouth.Then cleans his hands with the baby wipe. Now looking back at S.

"alright, before I answer that. do you have any idea what alternate universes are?"

S shakes his head sideways. "No, do intrigue me with this new knowledge."

Underfell-Sans chuckles. "alright, well do you know what a universe is?"

S slowly blinks at him.

Underfell-Sans covers his own face for a moment and briefly groans in annoyance. "look, I will just take you to the old library and we can read up on some things there. I have an old membership there. It's my day off so afterwards i will explain there on what alternate universes are, then explain to you, your other questions, like what his friends or uh allies look like.."

Snapping his fingers, leaving grillby's without paying the tab, hearing Underfell-Grillby cursing faintly as he leaves with S.