Chapter 4. - Startled awake, cries of a mysterious stranger. - Page 9.

(Back at Grillby's)

Horrortale-Grillby's just finished washing some dishes. He walks over to Gaster, to check and see if he is alright. Gaster does not wake up from his endless screams. Grillby attempts to wake him up by shaking him. Nothing.

He sighed. Thinking to himself. *He seems to be okay, i am surprised though that my unending screams are not waking this Gaster up. What a strange monster. He is not dusting from that strong amount of wine.

He must have a will of iron, how surprising, atleast my bar is having some use again other than gossip and occasionally, every now and then. Sans and His brother bringing in something when they can..*

Looking around to see now that his bar is now empty. He starts cleaning the room, only to suddenly hear crying outside his building.

He speaks out to the crying voice. "Hello?"

There is no response.

He walks outside his building so he can figure out where the crying is coming from. Grillby turns to his right, to see a tall figure nearby shivering, clothed in black, sitting on the ground, against the tree crying alot. They have white fur but their face is hidden by something odd. He has never see such before. He looks back at the inside of his building to see that Gaster is still asleep and

thinking to himself. *He'll be fine. I do not know why but i want to see this strange monster. Huh, i just realized...when did everyone leave?"

He walks over to the new monster and taps against their right shoulder, they stop crying for a moment, only to jump startled. "W-Who are you?"

The voice sounds familiar to him, yet also strange and different. He cannot explain how.

He replied to the strange monster. "My name is Grillby and you are?"

She replied with tears falling. "T-Toriel."

Grillby takes a few steps back. "Impossible. Toriel was banished to the ruins 6 years ago and well, no offense madam but you seem too different to be her. I cannot even see your face. It is too blinding to see." The monster before him cried. "I only remember my name! IT IS TORIEL!"

She snapped, the bright light fades, Grillby sees the face before him. It is indeed Toriel, but her horns are cracked, her face is showing nothing but sadness and confusion.

Grillby replied. "Oh god...What happened to you? Did Undyne hurt you? Why are you dressed in a black dress for?"

She starts screaming loudly out of nowhere, strange sounds are heard within her screams startling him. Bright unusual light to dark things appear around her. She puts her hands at the sides of her head. Black liquid starts falling from her eyes, she screams. Grillby grabs her and tries to calm her. She shoves him into the snow and runs into his building, screaming still.

Gaster startled awake, hears a scream that is all too familiar to him. He sits up from his chair and sees the monster before him. He says quietly to himself in a confused voice. "What, Toriel? But how can this be?"