Chapter 2. - Accept The Future or No? There is no turning back... - Page 23.

Toriel and her children look to see Asgore sitting on her chair, He looks tired as if he has not slept in hours. He sees Toriel,Chara,Asriel and Gaster. He quickly gets up and runs to them. He embraces Toriel and their children, ignoring Gaster.

Toriel says to Asgore. "How long have you been awake Gorey?"

Asgore says. "Ever since I left with that Sans earlier. Everyone stayed with me as long as possible, but they had to go home and sleep. I missed all of you!"

He looks at Gaster with a serious expression. "Your plans have not changed have they?"

Toriel sighed. "Gorey.....Let's all talk about this calmly, can we not?"

Asgore looks like he is about to fall over any minute. Asgore says in a calm and exhausted voice. "Yeah, anything for you Tori..."

Toriel speaks to him with concern in her voice. "You need to sleep before we discuss anything. Go sleep, I will still be here." He does not want to let go.

Toriel says in a gentle voice. "Here, I'll lead you to my room."

She helps Asgore up, They both walk towards the stairs together and slowly walk up the steps. Gaster is closely behind them, same for Chara and Asriel. Toriel starts to lose her balance with Asgore until Gaster immediately grabs him. He looks at her with his right bonebrow raised. "Asgore is not the only one who needs sleep. You still need it."

Toriel does not speak to Gaster, they get up the stairs and enter her bedroom. Gaster helps Toriel put Asgore into her bed. Toriel hugs Asgore and tucks him in, as Toriel,Gaster,Chara and Asriel are starting to leave the room. Asgore says in a sad voice. "Tori, please don't leave."

Toriel looks back to see his sadden expression, eyes showing exhaustion, with tears. Toriel can see the tears on his face, She walks back to him and gets on her knees and they embrace again. She says to him with a smile. "We'll get through this alright?"

He says to her. "No, we will not...I will lose you. I can feel it." Staring directly into her eyes. Asgore grabs her hands and says. "You are a part of my life again, our children and I do not want to lose that again."

He looks at Gaster with a frown. "Are you trying to prevent our happiness?"

Gaster replied. "So far it has been impossible to change the direction her life has been heading towards, I have been trying to change its course. I am sorry."

Asgore replied in a tired,distrustful tone. "Are you really?"

Gaster replied with his arms now crossed. "Yes, I am."

Asgore sighed. "Then I apologize for my violent behavior that I had towards you before. I just do not want to lose her, you understand my reasons right?"

Gaster nods. "Yes, I do understand. But from seeing how things are." He looks at her horns for a moment, and then thinks about the recordings.

Gaster says to Asgore. "I do not think the situation with her becoming my child can be altered.* Toriel and Asgore are silent.

Chara snapped at Gaster, in a upset tone. "WELL TRY HARDER! I WILL NOT LOSE HER!"

Asriel looks sad, he says. "Will it really not be changed?"

Gaster sighed. "I do not think so."

Toriel tightened both her fists in frustration. She says. "I agree with my child, just work harder on preventing it!"

Toriel turns around to face Gaster, only to calm herself. She sighed. "Thank you for helping me again, but please...Do work harder on preventing it."

Toriel looks back at Asgore for a moment, then back at Gaster. "I do not wish to be reborn as your child, to not be their mother and to not be with Asgore. That is unfair and cruel."