Chapter 2 - Nightmare or Reality?! - Page 7.

Toriel feeling nothing but aches and pains, she is leaning against asgore on the way back, the whole time.

Undyne speaks to Asgore. "Um, hey i know this isn't the right time, but are you guys back together or something?"

Asgore responds in a serious tone. "Yes, we are. Lets just focus on getting back."

Undyne feels a brief chill, she looks at Aphys with a quiet whisper. "I don't like any of this! What the hell happened earlier?"

Alphys replies. "W-We'll find out soon, it s-sure was scary."

She thinks to herself in depressed thoughts. *She looked similar to the Amalgamates, was this Savestar trying to turn her into one? This is awful! Just awful!*

Sans looks at them all and he says. "i know a shortcut back to your house tori.."

Toriel speaks to him in a tired voice.. "A shortcut?"

Sans replies. "yeah, i could teleport us all there!"

Undyne grins and says. "Oh heck yeah! Lets do it!"

Sans says to them. "put your hands on my shoulder and each others, ill snap my fingers and we'll be there in no time!"

They do as he says and the next thing they know, he snaps his fingers with his right hand and they are at her front door.

They all get their hands off of his shoulder and each others. Toriel nearly collapses on her way to her front door. Asgore quickly grabs her. He says. "Somebody open the door!"

Frisk opens it and everyone carefully enters her living room, Asgore carries her inside. He places her onto her chair. She says. "You didn't have to do that. I am fine really. I was just dizzy."

Asgore said in a serious yet caring tone. "You are not fine! Please Tori, explain everything to them."

Papyrus speaks up. "Wait, Why was Muffet not with us earlier..."

Everyone gets silent, Toriel already is because she is tired. She realizes quickly what is going on.

Sans walks up to him and says. "um, bro...I'm sorry but she, the humans. they-"

Papyrus gasps and says in a quieter tone. "They killed her, before she showed up didn't they!?"

Sans nods. Papyrus gets teary eyed. Undyne walks up to him and places her right arm around him. She tries to calm him as he silently cries, trying to not upset Toriel. Mettaton looks upset,same for alphys.

Alphys says to Toriel. "M-maybe you should rest first. I mean that m-must of taken a t-toll on you."

Toriel says in a serious worn out tone. "No, i can't hide this anymore, this stress. Holding it in is driving me crazy! I did not want to worry you, but im scared!"

Undyne says. "Scared!? Scared of what?"

Toriel tightens her grip on the sleeves of her pillow case's. She begins to them.

"It started 1 week ago, It was raining that day, Mettaton just finished telling a broadcast on an upcoming storm. Frisk came home, they got upset when i asked them about drying their rain coat, i asked why they were upset. They said because of their struggles with helping us and making peace between humans and monsters, they did not mean to snap at me.

They went to their bedroom. I got upset,worried and decided to take a nap. Thats when i woke up in darkness, yet somehow i could see myself but i was not in my home anymore. I pinched myself and did not wake up. I summoned my fire and saw part of what looked like a skeleton. I asked them who they were and they said-"

1 stressful hour later.

Undyne snaps. "HE WANTS TO DO WHAT!? ILL KICK HIS ASS! I WON'T LET HIM GET TO YOU! ILL-ILL!"

Alphys speaks to Undyne and says. "W-Whoa hey! C-calm down, d-don't you see you're upsetting her?"

Undyne looks like she might destroy something, anything. Sans can tell by that ferocious look in Undyne's revealed eye, not hidden by her eye patch.

Mettaton says. "Oh they sound dreadful darling! They could ask for help, without being so harsh! I mean making you into their child? How do they mean to possibly do that?"

Frisk says. "It sounds impossible and scary! I won't let them! I am determined to never sleep if that's the case!"

Asgore speaks. "If he harms her, i will kill him! His goals, i agree with, but messing with her is uncalled for! besides, frisk freed us from the underground, what nonsense is he speaking!? Her being our symbol of hope? He sounds mad!"

Alpyhs says. "M-Maybe F-Frisk is no longer o-our symbol of hope, maybe the roles c-changed? like in a anime?"

Sans's eye-sockets are black and he says. "this is not a anime! Its real life! how can anyone change somebody's destiny?"

Toriel thinks back suddenly on her dreams, including the ones on Asriel and Chara. Toriel starts to cry.

Toriel keeps thinking about it and can't stop crying.

Asgore says. "Tori!? Tori whats wrong!?"

Toriel says. "Oh in the name of monster kind, i did it! If i had never seen that stupid star in our castle! This would have never happened! I saw it! I saw it there! barely but i saw it Asgore! I was focused on frisk at the time and stopping you.

but i did notice the savestar! I am why i met him! I changed my own Destiny! They can be changed!"

Frisk says. "If you saw it, maybe you should again, maybe i can help you change it back!?"

Toriel screeches. "I NEVER WANT TO SEE THAT GLOWING NIGHTMARE EVER AGAIN! NEVER SUGGEST THAT TO ME! MY CHILD!"

Frisk jumps startled. They look and see everyone giving them a unhappy look.

Asgore says. "What did you mean before when you said, that you know about this savestar? That you used it before?"

Sans speaks to Frisk. "yes, explain."

Frisk backs away from them all and they move their right feet in a strange way, a few times while looking down on the ground. Sounding hesitant at first while talking.

"I-i was curious at first. I used it for saving, continuing. I am sorry but when i was first new to the underground. I RESET! I DID RESETS! I EVEN DID-I..." They sighed.

Then spoke again, tears now falling from their eyes. " I ALMOST FINISHED A GENOCIDE! BUT I COULDN'T! I JUST COULDN'T! THE GUILT GOT TO ME, I REMEMBERED HOW MUCH I LOVED YOU ALL, I RESET AGAIN AND I-IM SO SORRY!"

Toriel cries even harder, in shock of what she is hearing and is only thinking of Gaster's words from last week, repeating in her mind. She runs to the stairs, nearly falling a few times. She manages to get to her bedroom and slams the door, locking it tight.

Toriel yelled out to Frisk. "HOW COULD YOU!?!?"

She cried for awhile sitting against her door. To looking at the ceiling, hearing everybody yell in anger at Frisk, lots of cries and things she wish she could block out. Its just pure madness and emotional chaos.

Toriel is telling herself this quietly, that maybe she's having another nightmare.

telling herself this in her mind. *Oh gosh, this has to be another nightmare! This cannot be true! MY OWN CHILD DID RESETS!? THEY ALMOST FINISHED A GENOCIDE!??? NO! NOOOO!!!!!! THIS IS NOT TRUE! ITS A NIGHTMARE!*

Toriel cries again. She suddenly has the feeling of being watched.