~part I., chapter 15.~

The flat was mostly silent, the only sound going on was Dio pacing around, but soon he got bored of it as well and left to lay on the couch.

"Would you mind if I turn on the telly?" Eddie asked after a while of silence, Steve shook his head in no. So Eddie walked over to the TV and turned it on, on low volume.

The flat was once again silent with only the news playing in the background. Eddie sat down next to his dog, rubbing the small one behind his ear.

"The court have stated that John Markens was guilty of murders of several women in California and Utah, but there might be more. And here's Jenny from the court room to say more..." the reporter lady was saying. Images of court had flashed on screen and another lady started speaking into the microphone.

"You heard about it?" Eddie asked, turning around to face Steve.

"Nope, it's on the other side of the states," Steve shrugged.

"Well, it was pretty brutal. I heard that the woman who found some of the bodies ended up in asylum for a while," Eddie explained.

"Welp, but it's not like we can do anything about it after he's been sentenced from the other side of the USA," Steve shrugged.

"True, couldn't happen here since we have you," Eddie gave Steve a smile.

"Yep, that's my job," Steve smiled.

"Mhm, just your friendly neighbour Spider-man," Eddie laughed.

"What?" Steve asked with confusion.

"Didn't you introduce yourself like that," Eddie reminded. "The bank, your first strike."

"Oh, yeah. Well, Robin said it was cringe," Steve said nervously.

"It is," Eddie let out a laugh.

"Wait, turn the volume up," Steve said, focusing on the TV. Eddie added up the volume, also paying full attention to the TV.

"The famous criminal, Spider-man's arch nemesis striked again to prove he had killed Spider-man the previous day. Here's the livestream." Dark Knight was seen holding up the camera, speaking: "Come on, Spider-man. If you're still with us, come and fight me!"

Eddie turned to Steve to check if he was okay. Steve looked ready to go fight the villain.

"Robin said no, didn't she?" Eddie asked.

"Yeah, she said she'll take care of this if needed," Steve replied.

"She'll take care of it? How?" Eddie asked.

"Spider-girl," Steve explained, Eddie just mouthed a 'Oh!' in realization.

"Should have connected the dots by now, of course it was Robin all along," Eddie stated.

"I'll call her, where's my phone?" Steve said about to reach into his jeans pocket just to realize he was only wearing Eddie's T-shirt and his underwear.

"No idea, you already didn't have it when you crashed here last night," Eddie said, getting up from the couch with his dog following. "You can borrow mine, the password is seven, two, four, eight, one," Eddie said, handing Steve his phone. As expected, the screen was cracked and the case was just Mettalica merch. Steve pressed the power button and was met with a photo of Chrissy, Robin, Eddie and Dio as a lockscreen, if anything Steve was expecting some metal design or something like that. After unlocking the phone, Steve was met with another surprise, all of the app icons were plain black with no description, and widgets with photos of Corroded Coffin concerts, with the homescreen wallpaper being a plain gray, similiar to Eddie's room's walls.