Chapter 3 Mate

No one's POV

2 months later...

After what happened on the rooftop that day, Nhazul and Kotone would go on to become very close friends. The two of them would walk to school together, eat lunch together and hangout after school together within arcades and his part time job he had gotten within an computer store.

Unsurprisingly other students, including Kotone's friends would give them both looks of disapproval. Seeing this, Nhazul started to feel guilty that she had to now deal with this abuse as well, but however she was true to her word. No matter what anyone said about him, should always stayed by side.

Currently, Nhazul was making his way to their normal spot for lunch after leaving the principals office. Upon arriving, Nhazul saw Kotone laying on the bench looking at a piece of paper, as he walks up behind her.

Nhazul: What's that?

Kotone looked up and notices Nhazul and sits up.

Kotone: Oh, Hi Nhazul. This is just the test I took last week.

Nhazul: Oh, How did you do?

Kotone hands Nhazul the paper, as she sat up straight. As Nhazul sits next to her, he looked at the paper and see she got an 80% on it.

Nhazul: What's so bad about this? You were looking at it like you failed it.

Kotone: I know, I know but I wanted to do better on it though. I've been so busy getting ready for the track meet this Friday, I haven't really had time to study.

Nhazul: Oh yeah, you did join the track team.

Kotone: Yeah. I know you don't like things like that but you should come.

Hearing this, Nhazul looked hesitant.

Nhazul: I don't know... People only talk about why you would hang around someone like me. But they actually hate me. I don't know if I should, I wouldn't feel comfortable around-

Before Nhazul can finish his sentence, Kotone gets in his face, and began to blush.

Kotone: Pleaseeeeeeee, for me?

Nhazul just looked at Kotone annoyed, as he pushed her face away from his.

Nhazul: ... -_-... Fine, alright....

Kotone then hugged Nhazul, making him blush again.

Kotone: Thanks, Nhazul.

Nhazul: ...-_-... Yeah, yeah, yeah...

Kotone let go of Nhazul, and sits back down next to him.

Kotone: Oh yeah, why did you have to go to the principals office?

Nhazul looked down and put his hand on his arm.

Nhazul: Do you remember the day you found me beaten...?

Kotone: Yeah...

Nhazul: Well, they finally went through the footage that day, and all other days. They were caught and I've been told they've been expelled.

Kotone: Serves them right, if you ask me they should have done more.

Nhazul: That's the thing. They asked me if I wanted to press changes.

Kotone: And...? What did you tell them?

Nhazul: I told them no.

Hearing this, Kotone looked at him surprised.

Kotone: What?! How come?!

Nhazul didn't say anything at first, looking off into the distance.

Nhazul: Because who's to say what happened to me won't happen to them. Even though they did this to me.