Chapter 125 A.L.I.C.E

No one's POV

Currently within an unknown location,

The wreckage of the humanoid body was left abandoned behind it, utterly woebegone

Its right hand was still clasped snugly around the firmly insulated fiber-optic cable

(Timeskip)

3 Weeks Later...

Currently, within the Dicey Cafe was jam packed to full capacity. No more customers would be entering even without the "Reserved" sign hanging under the door. Kazuto, Asuna, Misumi, Suguha, Yuuki, Rika, Keiko, Hiyori, Gwen, and Ryoutarou, sat shoulder to shoulder at the bar, facing Andrew.

Four more tables were occupied variously by Sakuya, Alicia, Eugene, and the rest of the ALO Race Lords; Siune, Jun, and the other Sleeping Knights; Thinker, Yuriel and Sasha; and more original SAO players, as well Nhazul and Shino's friends from GGO such as Karen, Miyu, Elsa, Goushi, Takamine and Hoshiyama. Everyone was holding either a beer, cocktail, or soft drink, and watching the large-screen television on the far wall with rapt attention as they watched two news anchors arguing about if AI's were real people.

Ryoutarou: They haven't even seen it and they're talking like they know everything...

Rika: Nothing we can do. Even I have trouble believing that those people were AIs and that was a virtual world running on a server, and I saw both with my own eyes.

Kazuto: You said it. The smell of the air, the feel of the ground, all of that stuff might end up feeling even more real than the real world...

Yuuki: Yeah, it was so real, especially the pain...

Suguha: No kidding...

Keiko: It's called the STL, right? Kirito, Asuna, Yuuki and Leafa? You four were the only ones with the special privilege of diving with that.

Misumi: The field and the objects were polygons, at least for those of us who used AmuSpheres.

Andrew: But no one disagrees that the Underworld people weren't just normal NPCs?