Chapter 4 Death Game

No one's POV

Currently within her house, Kotone had gotten dressed for the day, before putting her bag on her back.

Kotone: Alright, dad, I'm getting ready head out

Ryotaro then peaked around the corner, seeing Kotone with her bag.

Ryotaro: And where are you going again?

Kotone: I told you already. Today's the launch of Sword Art Online! I'm going to a friends house so we can play together.

Ryotaro just rolled his eyes not all that interested in gaming.

Ryotaro: Did you and Misumi make up?

Hearing this, Kotone rolled her eyes, walking towards the door.

Kotone: No, we haven't and I doubt we ever will...

Hearing this, Ryotaro just sighed and spoke up.

Ryotaro: Well, I'm going to be working late and your sister is going to be spending the night at her friends for a sleepover. Don't stay out too late.

Kotone: Right, love you dad.

Kotone said, leaning up and kissing her dad on the cheek, before she walked out her room.

(Timeskip)

After Kotone left her house, she made her way to Nhazul's apartment. The two were currently sitting on his bed, as Kotone was looking at the launch stream for Sword Art Online on Nhazul's laptop, while he was sitting next to her reading a magazine about the launch of SAO.

Kotone: Wow. I can't believe it sold out so quickly. It wasn't even a day before there was none left.

Nhazul: Yeah. People are really exited about this. The first ever VRMMMORPG.

Kotone: It's a good thing we were given copies for playing the Beta. If not, we'd have a really hard time finding copies.

Nhazul didn't say anything, as he looked at a picture of the creator of the NerveGear and Sword Art Online, Kayaba Akihiko.