Chapter 32 Brink Of War

No one's POV

Currently, Nhazul, Strea, Kirito and Leafa were walking through a very dark cave. Using a spell he was practicing, Nhazul gave everyone night vision.

Leafa: I can see in her now!

Strea: That's a lot better, thanks little brother.

Leafa: Night vision magic, huh? I guess Spriggans aren't completely useless.

Nhazul: ...-_-... You're really committed to the racist role, huh...?

Leafa just looked at Nhazul annoyed and pouted.

Leafa: Hey!

Kirito: Wow. That kind of hurts our feelings...

Leafa: But it'd be good for you both memorize the spells you have. «Illusion Magic» is all you'll both be good at though.

Kirito: Illusion?

Leafa: You can cause others to see things. Too bad it's not very useful in combat. Well it's not like it's set in stone that lame Spriggan magic can't be of any use in battle.

Kirito: Well, there goes our self confidence....

(Timeskip)

As the four continued walking through the cave, Kirito was trying memorize his different spells along the way.

Leafa: Instead of cramming the incantations into your head, try memorizing the meanings behind the words of power, so you can remember the spells by their effects.

Strea: I've already memorized all of my Spells.

Nhazul: ...-_-... I don't think you should really be bragging, Strea...

Kirito: I didn't expect I'd be doing something that reminds me of English class in a game...

Leafa: Just so you know, high level spells are around twenty words long.

Nhazul: Oh goodie...

Kirito: I'd much rather just be sure fighter then...

Leafa: Quit whining.

As the group continued to walk, Leafa had received a message notification.

Leafa: Oh, I got a message. Sorry, give me a second.

Nhazul: Go for it.

Kirito: Sure.

Leafa opened the message and as she read it,  she looked at it confused.

Nhazul: What is it?

Leafa: Well, the thing is-

Yui popped out of Kirito's pocket, alerting them.

Yui: Papa, Uncle, there's something approaching us.

Kirito: Monsters?

Yui: No, they're players. And a lot of them. Twelve in total.

Leafa: Twelve?! I'm getting a bad feeling about this. Let's hide until they pass by.

Nhazul: Hide? Where?

Leafa: Well, just leave that to me.

Leafa quickly dragged everyone into a opening in the wall and casted a spell to make an illusionary wall to hide them from sight.

Strea: Wow.

Leafa: If you need to say something, try to do so quietly. The magic will dispelled if we're too loud.