Chapter 124 Protect Our Family

No one's POV

Currently, Rinko was sitting in the operator's chair in the sub control room, fixating upon the tiny glass hatch situated slightly to the left on the front of the console.The liquid crystal display above the hatch was blinking with red letters: [EJECTING...] and finally a small, black, square-shaped object emerged behind the glass window.

The letters on the LCD changed to [COMPLETE].Rinko reached out and slid the hatch open, and retrieved the object within. It was a solid metal package. A cube, roughly six centimeters wide, and unexpectedly heavy. It was seamless and jointless; only one side was carved with a six-digit number and fitted with a microconnector port. The soul of Alice was sealed inside. And once she acquired Alice's light cube, she called out to Shino through the microphone.

Rinko: Shino, Alice's ejection is complete! Now it's just you and Nhazul hurry!

Rinko heard no response and continued to look at the count down until the maximum acceleration phase hit 30 seconds, she screamed back into the microphone.

Rinko: There's only 30 seconds until the Maximum Acceleration phase starts!! Hurry up and log out!!

Again, Rinko heard nothing from the other end and after a couple of seconds, she heard Shino's voice.

Sinon: I'm sorry, Rinko...

Rinko looked at the microphone completely confused.

Rinko: Wha...? W-What do you...?

Sinon: I'm sorry. I'm... staying here. We made a promise to each other and I won't break it. Thank you so much for everything. I will never forget what you did for me, Rinko.

Rinko looked completely shocked from hearing Shino, but her voice sounded calm, pleasant, and full of determination through the speaker.

Sinon: I'm leaving Alice to you. She's a kind person. She holds great love inside her, and she is loved by many others. For the sake of the many souls lost in her name... and for the sake of Nhazul please do all in your power to prevent her from being put to military use.

Rinko was completely speechless from hearing Shino and then she heard the final words Shino would say to her.

Sinon: And please tell everyone. I'm sorry... And I promise, I'll look after Nhazul for you. So thank you... and goodbye...

Upon hearing Shino's final words to her,the countdown fell to zero, starting the maximum acceleration phase, now trapping both Nhazul and Shino within the Underworld

(Elsewhere)

Currently, climbing down the cable ducts, Kikuoka who was carrying Higa on his back with a harness strapping him in place but Underworld's Maximum Acceleration phase was well under way before they had even made it to the pressure-resistant partition. Almost imploringly, Higa pressed his radio switch and called Rinko in the sub control room.