Chapter 72 S.O.S.

No one's POV

1 Week Later...

It's now been over a week since Shigemura Tetsuhiro's plan to revive his daughter Yunna through the memories of SAO Survivors were stopped by Nhazul and the others, including the White Yuna. At the same time, Nhazul had reconciled with his foster parents and is working on repairing his relationship with them, firstly by moving back in with them.

Currently within his room, after moving the last of his things in, Nhazul was sitting at his desk, as he looked at his monitors and Gaming PC.

Nhazul: I guess I should start by setting this all up again.

As Nhazul continued to look at them, a lavish device placed at a corner of his desk caught his eyes. His Augma.

Nhazul: Hmmm...

The details of the incident were left entirely unreported; instead, the rampaging boss monsters at Black Yuna's concert venue were explained away as just a surprise for the event, thus, unlike the NerveGear, this device wasn't confiscated. Even now, if you take a stroll around town, you could easily find people who still wear an Augma.

Nhazul's thoughts: Kikuoka said that performing a scan with the kind of output that could inflict damage to the brain required wireless charging from special large drones, and that the latest firmware created by Professor Shigemura would have killed the memory scan function of the device, yet that kind of experience couldn't just be cleared away through reasoning like that. Still...

Nhazul just held his head, remember how his memories were taken from him.

Nhazul's thoughts: Should I really stop using it?

After a few moments, Nhazul sighed as he reluctantly picked it up and put it on his head. The device automatically booted up and the Augma's logo was displayed in the middle of his vision. Once the logo disappeared, Nhazul's vision was filled to the brim with a large number of icons and widgets.

Nhazul's thoughts: ...-_-... Even though I've gotten used to it, the virtual desktop still feels messy.

As Nhazul looked around the weather forecast and news widgets with such deep emotions, he noticed a character string scrolling through the upper left side of my view, and frowned.

Nhazul's thoughts: ...-_-... Ordinal Scale is a well made game, but the thing about it I hated most was that you couldn't turn off the stupid push notifications...

The entire string of characters was a so-called "Announcement from the Administrators".

Though Nhazul didn't really invest much into it, he defeated several old SAO bosses, which offered a large number of bonus points, one after another, then won against Eiji, the 2nd-Ranked player, and, in the end, he crushed the final boss, thus he quickly rose from the 100,000s rank to rank 1.

Nhazul's thoughts: It's no longer realistic for anyone to exceed the number of points I had accumulated if they only got their points through item collection and monster farming. I think that players who wanted to reach rank 1 would need to beat me in PvP several times to achieve their goal, but I wonder how this will turn out when if I'd retire from Ordinal Scale today...

As Nhazul was thinking to himself, he soon noticed a new message was displayed on the annoying push notifications.  He soon noticed it read "Yuna", as his eyes widened and tapped it by reflex. Written on the window that opened up wasn't a notice for an event or a new song, but an announcement on the release of a new desktop mascot app.

Nhazul: A Yuna mascot...?

Nhazul read the details. Apparently, it was a traditional widget that only served to tell you the weather forecast and your schedule, but it seems that the mascot could grow to some extent through conversation.