EX Chapter #2 If My Sword Will Protect You

No one's POV

1 Week After Chapter 19...

Currently within Lisbeth's Shop, Nhazul had stopped by to have his [Oathkeeper] sword serviced, however Lisbeth just gave him an annoyed look seeing how banged up it was.

Lisbeth: Dude, what the actual hell?! Where do you get off wrecking my masterpiece by yours truly in a matter of days?! How many times do you think I've serviced it?!

Nhazul: 3, 4 if you count today.

Lisbeth: What the hell are you even doing?! Did you miss the memo that that Sword's durability rating is completely off the charts or something?!

Nhazul: Power leveling.

Lisbeth: How did you manage to wreck it to such a degree power leveling?! You damn battle junkie!

Nhazul: It's an amazing sword, there's no debating that. It's exactly why I refuse to cast it aside. There's no other Blacksmith of your caliber. This sword can only be serviced by the one who created it. It can be only you.

Hearing this, Lisbeth began blushing like crazy, as she looked away from Nhazul, confusing him.

Lisbeth's thoughts: That's such an underhanded thing to say, Nhazul...

As Lisbeth took a deep breath, she looked back towards him.

Lisbeth: Fine! I'll service your sword. After all, no one's of my caliber, right?

Nhazul: Yeah, thanks.

As Lisbeth proceeded to walk back into her shop with Nhazul behind her, she would continue to blush.

Lisbeth's thoughts: Every time Nhazul drops by, I just can't help but be so happy...

Once in the shop, Lisbeth got ready to service Nhazul's sword, when she spoke up.

Lisbeth: So, how are things going on the front lines?

Nhazul: I'd say peachy, but I'd be lying. Floor 70 seems to be a lot more diverse. This necessitates coming up with new counter measures at a rapid pace. It's why I've been power leveling. I'll mange on my own, but we're going to need manuals to ensure-

Lisbeth: Hold up.

Lisbeth said cutting Nhazul off, as he looked over, seeing her looking at him annoyed.

Nhazul: What?

Lisbeth: Don't you think you're starting to get full of yourself, Buster?

Nhazul: Huh?

Lisbeth: You're acting like you're all in this alone, Nhazul. But there are people who would be devastated if anything were to happen to you....

Nhazul: I doubt it. I'm the infamous Wolf... No one would bat a lash if I-

Lisbeth: Yes they would!

Nhazul would look at Lisbeth, seeing how stern and serious she was.

Lisbeth: And don't go forgetting that.

Nhazul: ...

Lisbeth: Asuna and Kirito go without saying, but I'm not some stranger to you, either...

Hearing this, Nhazul would contemplate Lisbeth's words, before speaking up.

Nhazul: Right... Sorry...

Lisbeth then smiled at Nhazul.

Lisbeth: Good. Now that that's settled, I'll put my heart into fixing up your blade.

Nhazul: Thanks.

(Timeskip)

After around 10 minutes, Lisbeth finished servicing Nhazul's sword, as he looked at it, impressed.

Nhazul: Wow, it's like your just forged it.

Lisbeth: Absodoodlutely!

Lisbeth's thoughts: Absodoodlutely...? Really...?

Nhazul: How much do I owe you? I'll pay for the fees.

Hearing this, Lisbeth again thought back to what she had told him.

(Flashback)

Lisbeth: Um... Well.. You don't have to pay...

Hearing this, Nhazul looked confused.

Nhazul: Huh?

Lisbeth: Instead... I want you to make me your exclusive blacksmith....

Nhazul: What do you mean?

Lisbeth started to blush and looked down.

Nhazul: Lis?

Lisbeth: W-Whenever you finish hunting in the fields, come here and let me maintain your equipment. Every day, from now on...

(Present)

Lisbeth would just sigh blushing embarrassed from saying that.

Lisbeth: Don't worry about it... But...Nhazul...

Nhazul: Hmm?

Suddenly, Lisbeth walked up to Nhazul, giving him a kiss on the cheek,

surprising him, making him blush slightly.

Nhazul: L-Lis...?

Lisbeth: I wanted to solidify our oath. That you and that sword will bring about the end of this world...

Hearing this, Nhazul would just nod at Lisbeth.

Nhazul: Right. I will.

Lisbeth just looked at Nhazul blushing and smiling.

Lisbeth: Good.

Lisbeth's thoughts: I know he's still in pain, and I won't force my way in when he's still hurting. But one day, once you've moved on and you're ready, I'll make you look my way...