Chapter 47 Malice Unleashed

No one's POV

After Nhazul had comforted Sinon after she had broke down, the two of them were sitting up against a wall.

Sinon: I hate you

Sinon: I hate you...but...let me borrow your lap for awhile...

Sinon then laid her head on Nhazul's lap and he moved a piece of hair from Sinon's face. The two sat in silence for a few moments, before Sinon broke it.

Sinon: I... I've killed someone...

Nhazul didn't say anything and just looked down at her.

Sinon: 5 years ago... There was a robbery at a post office in a small Tohoku town. The media said the robber died when his gun misfired. But actually, I was there, and I stole his gun. And I shot him to death...

Nhazul: 5 years ago?

Sinon: I was 11. Ever since then, whenever I see a gun, I throw up or pass out. Whenever I see a gun, I can see the face of the man I killed... And I get scared... So scared... But..

Nhazul: But...?

Sinon: Yeah... But in this world, I've been okay. So I thought...if I could be the strongest person in this world, I could be stronger in the real world... I could forget that memory... But back there, when Death Gun attacked me, I was scared.

At some point, I stopped being Sinon

At some point, I stopped being Sinon. I was back to being the real me.... I'm scared to die... But... But...Living in fear hurts as much... If I ran from Death Gun and those memories, without fighting, I'll become even weaker then I was. So... So...

Nhazul: You're not the only one...

Sinon: Huh...?

Nhazul: I...I've killed before as well...

Sinon looked at Nhazul shocked.

Nhazul: I told you before that I knew Death Gun, that he was from another game, right...?The name of that game...was Sword Art Online....

Sinon looked at Nhazul even more shocked.

Sinon: Then you're....

Nhazul: Yeah... I'm a SAO survivor... And so is Death Gun... He was a member of a murder guild named [Laughing Coffin], a Red player. A raid sized party was formed to imprison them. I was one of the members. But the information was leaked, and we were ambushed instead. But...we were to only restrain them...but I.... I wanted revenge...