Chapter 7 A Fragle Blade

No one's POV

3 Days later...

It's been 3 days since the 1st Floor of Aincrad had been cleared, resulting in the 2nd Floor being unlocked. During that time, Nhazul had completed the acquisition quest for the [Martial Arts] EX Skill, thanks to Argo after he had rescued her from a Guild of Ninja players. Currently, he was shopping in town, stocking up on items, when suddenly he heard the sound of yelling from another player.

???: Don't... Don't joke with me!

Nhazul: Hmm?

Nhazul looked back behind him, believing himself to be the target after gaining his status as [Beater], he saw no one was behind him.

Nhazul's thoughts: Someone must be picking a fight somewhere.

Player: What did you do?! The properties are all the way down! How the hell could you possibly fail 4 times in a row?! +0 is ridiculous! I should have asked a damn NPC!

???: I-I'm so sorry...

Walking over to the noise, but keeping his distance, Nhazul saw a group of players, along with a player Blacksmith.

Nhazul's thoughts: He asked a Non NPC Blacksmith to upgrade his weapon and that failed 4 times, huh? The chances are low, but it still happens on occasion.

???: What's going on?

Nhazul looked back and saw Philia walking up to him, as he explained the situation to her. The Blacksmith failed 4 times, returning their weapon to a +0 state. Not only that, every weapon has it's own "upgrade attempt" calling. Once you cross it, you can no longer upgrade that weapon. The weapon that he failed to upgrade was an [Anneal Blade], just like Nhazul and Kirito's it's maximum number of attempts is 8 times. Due to the 4 failed attempts, the player's would only be able to reach a maximum of +4, essentially ruining the sword.

Philia: So that's what's going on. It happened to me a few times during the Beta, so I understand why he's so upset...

Nhazul: Still, it's the risk of having your weapon upgraded by a Player, especially this early on.

As the Blacksmith continued to apologize, he offered to buy back the useless [Anneal Blade]. For 8,000 Col, a generous offer, something Nhazul found a little suspicious.

Nhazul: ...

Philia just looked at Nhazul, pulling his cheek, while pouting.

Nhazul: Ow!

Philia: You make such ugly faces when you overthink about things. What do you think?

Nhazul: It's nothing. Just thinking about that Blacksmith, but it's nothing important.

Philia: Speaking of, weren't you coming here to get your sword upgraded?

Nhazul looked at Philia surprised.