Chapter 66 The Wolf Drenched In Blood...

No one's POV

It's been a few days since the incident resulting in Nhazul's memory loss. For the sake of his recovery, he had been staying with his foster parents, and enjoying himself, being with them. The same could be said for them, however, they know it wouldn't last, once Nhazul's memories possibly returned.

Currently within ALO, Asuna, Kirito, Mito, Yuuki, Lisbeth and Strea were all sitting within Kirito and Asuna's house.

Yuuki: Is it really true? Did big bro really lose his memories of us...?

Strea: Unfortunately, it is...

Kirito: I'm still trying to wrap my head around Eiji. He was a former KoB member, right?

Asuna: He was... He's the one I asked you for advice back in SAO during Floor 40...

Kirito: Yeah... I do remember that...

Asuna: He had a fear of death and would freeze up. However, it was more then just that... He suffered from FNC....

Yuuki: FNC?

Kirito: [FullDive Non-conformity]. FullDive machines require fine tuning to work with each user, but as such machines are mass produced, the machine has to go through a long and tedious connection test on first use to determine the settings for subsequent dives. However, for some individuals, the connection test results in a FullDive Non-conforming. Most cases of such a response are slight obstacles, e.g. improper function of one of the senses or a slight lag in the communication with the brain, but there are serious cases when a person is completely unable to use the machines. Another player we met early on in SAO named Nezha suffered from it.

Asuna: Yeah... After the incident with the Mid Boss of Floor 40, the [Ruthless Warder Chief], he was forbidden to take part in anything until after the Floor was cleared and we could find a way to help him. However he left the guild after the 40th Floor boss was defeated and was never heard from again...

Mito: But that still doesn't tell us why he attacked Nhazul and Klein and why Nhazul lost his memories.

Yuuki: Well, won't that be a good thing? Big bro didn't have the greatest time in SAO, right? If he doesn't remember, wouldn't he not be haunted by those memories?

Everyone just looked down, knowing what Yuuki was saying in a way was correct.

Lisbeth: She does have a point...

Asuna: A part of myself agrees with what you're saying... Seeing Nhazul over the past few days, he seemed so happy and ignorant of everything. But at the same time he doesn't remember anything about us... All of the memories we made together are completely gone...

Mito: And not of just us, but Kotone as well...

Mito just narrowed her eyes, dreading the thought.

Mito: No matter the circumstances, Nhazul would never want to forget about her... The memories of her are extremely precious to him.

Hearing this, Yuuki just looked down saddened.

Yuuki: Yeah... You're right... Those memories are really precious to me too... I wouldn't trade them for anything...

Kirito: Another problem with that, is when or if he remembers everything... All of those negative memories flooding back all at once will be bad... After Kotone's death, he completely cut himself off from us for months. We rarely see him during the dungeon clearing of a Floor and the Boss raid. After that he'd completely disappear without a trace...

Strea just looked down saddened and worried.

Strea: I just hope he doesn't remember that other thing...