Chapter 128 Back To The Underworld

No one's POV

Currently, Nhazul waa on the phone with Rinko, as she was telling him that Alice had went missing.

Nhazul: What?! What do you mean she's missing?! Is the research?!

Rinko: No... Even her mechanical body is gone. According to security camera footage, last night at around 9:00 PM she released the security lock by herself and slipped outside when the guards weren't looking.

Nhazul: By... herself?

Nhazul sighed relived that she had left on her own, rather then being taken. Nhazul knew groups or organizations displeased with Alice's presence in Japan were likely to number so many now that you couldn't count them on both hands. Add to that the people who want to destroy her for purposes of material gain, religion, creed, or other emotions, and the number becomes difficult to imagine.

If guys like those got ahold of her, she wouldn't be able to defend herself with a sword or Sacred Arts. RATH's awareness of this fact had led them to fortify the security of their Roppongi branch to that of a small fortress. But Alice's voluntary disappearance had been a blind spot.

Nhazul: ...

Nhazul soon remembered what she had said to him during a voice chat within ALO. He then heard his mother on the other end spoke.

Rinko: I'm worried whether we've given Alice too much stress. But I asked her several times, 'Are you tired?', or 'Want to rest?', and she just smiled and shook her head...

Nhazul: Don't blame yourself for that, mom. That's... what she does. She's a haughty knight, she'd never admit weakness to anyone.

Rinko: Except to one person, and that's you... Nhazul, I believe Alice will contact you first for sure... and... I'm terribly sorry for this, you were just discharged...

Nhazul just smiled at his mother from the other end.

Nhazul: It's okay, mom, I understand. If Alice contacts me, I'll get to her as fast I can... —But, mom, can she travel such a long distance in her current state?

Rinko: We're worried about that, too. Even a full charge on her internal battery will only last 8 hours, and running will cut that time by about half. If she gets stuck near Roppongi... and someone with unkind intentions finds her...

Nhazul: And her appearance doesn't help either...

Rinko: Every free staff member is currently looking for her around here. We're also monitoring any internet posts and we've even tapped into the public security cameras to check their footage.

Nhazul: I'll head over to you first, then. It's best to move quickly when she contacts me.

Rinko: That would be great. We're counting on you, Nhazul.

Nhazul: Of course.

Rinko: And Nhazul...

Nhazul: Yeah?

Rinko: I know I've been busy with everything... I didn't even get a chance to visit you in the hospital...I'm so sorry.

Nhazul: No, don't worry about it. I know how extremely busy you are with everything.

Rinko: Once things settle down, I'd like to spend some time with you, just the two of us.

Nhazul just smiled at the thought.

Nhazul: I'd love that. And mom?

Rinko: Yes?

Nhazul: I love you.