Chapter 74 Unlikely Meet Up

No one's POV

Eiji: What do you want, Wolf?

The person before Eiji was that of Nhazul, who had been waiting for him, as if knowing when and where he'd be released.

Nhazul: That's to be expected, I guess.

Nhazul's thoughts: If our places were to be reversed, I would be just as cautious. Not only did I obstruct their plan to restore Shigemura Yuuna, I was also one of the players from the Assault Team that he ought to despise.

Following the end of the incident, Nhazul had Agil, a man well up in the news, look up some things for him thus, by now, he too knew the reason Eiji despised Fuurinkazan and the Assault Team , and he also heard about the circumstances regarding how Yuuna lost her life in Aincrad to some extent.

However, on the other hand, Nhazul was able to somewhat understand, though this could just be his arbitrary assumption, Eiji's feelings. After the death of Kotone, Nhazul too tried to find something other than himself to blame for death. Blaming any and all red or orange players, and hunting them down without a second thought. He had even taken a even cold attitude towards Kirito and Asuna, who worried about him. If there had been other players in the same location where Kotone died, he could have grown to vehemently detest them as well. Like it or not, Nhazul and Eiji were one in the same, two sides of the same coin.

Nhazul: Before I answer that, can we go somewhere else? Just moments ago, that officer over there asked me what I was doing here.

An even more suspicious look appeared on Eiji's face, but he still turned in silence. As he began walking at a quick pace, Nhazul rolled his eyes and hurried after him.

Nhazul: There's a family restaurant where you can pay in OS points a bit further up. I've got tons of points saved up, so my treat.

Just as Nhazul spoke out to him from the side, the clearest tongue click he ever heard in his life came in response.

Eiji: I don't need to be treated by you, even I have some po-

Nhazul: Be really hard to do that when you don't even have your Augma.

Eiji just looked at Nhazul annoyed, and once again clicked his tongue annoyed, knowing Nhazul was right. Ordinal Scale points couldn't be used without an Augma.Once the two arrived at the family restaurant, Nhazul attempted to lead Eiji through the door. Luckily, the inside of the restaurant was practically empty, so  Nhazul had Eiji follow him to a four-seat table far in the back. Here, their conversation was unlikely to be overheard by others.

Nhazul: Let's talk about that after placing our orders. Pick anything you want.

Just then came another tongue click. Still, Eiji quickly glanced through the menu, as Nhazul sighed.

Nhazul's thoughts: ...-_-... I guess this is what it's like with Shino...

As Eiji pressed the call button after a 10 seconds. Not having decided what to order yet, Nhazul opened his menu. The waitress who showed up was wearing an Augma instead of using a wireless portable device.

Eiji: Beef rib roast stake, C set.

As Eiji showed absolutely no restraint with his orders, the waitress wrote it down on a holo-window that only she could see.