Chapter 122 Final Countdown

No one's POV

Currently back within the Ocean Turtle, Higa was starting to come to after he fell unconscious from his wounds.

Higa: H-How's Nhazul?

Rinko: Nhazul's Fluctlight activity has been completely restored. In fact, it's almost too active...

Higa: I...I see...

Kikuoka: Goodness gracious... I told you not to be reckless... No, it's my fault for not realizing there was a spy among the technicians...

Higa; How's Underworld...? How's Alice?

Kikuoka: The players connecting from America, China, and Korea have all logged out. Also, there were nearly 30,000 players from China and Korea, but they're all gone...

Higa looked at Kikuoka shocked.

Higa: Huh?... China and Korea came too?! Not reinforcements... but enemies?!

Higa leapt up on reflex but moaned from excruciating pain that shot from his right shoulder right to the top of his head and Aki scolding without delay.

Aki: Take it easy! The bullet passed right through you, but it took a lot to stop the bleeding.

Higa: G-Got it...

Rinko: Apparently someone played on their mutual animosity as online gamers to lure them into the Underworld.

Higa: Is that right?

Kikuoka: Seemed to be 30,000 at its peak. Almost all of the 2,000 players coming to help from Japan were wiped out. At that point, there were still more than 20,000 Chinese and Korean players, so it was fortunate that Nhazul awoke then and took them out in the blink of an eye...

Higa looked at Kikuoka shocked.

Higa: Wait, what?! Nhazul... by himself... in the blink of an eye, incapacitated a great army of 20,000 people? That's impossible. There aren't any weapons or commands in Underworld able to inflict an attack of that much power or scale. Or... so I think...

Suddenly, an alarm starting ringing through the sub control room with a 15 minute timer and an alert that the Fluctlight Acceleration safety limiter has been deactivated and anyone using an STL needed to log out immediately

Rinko: What's the Maximum Acceleration phase'?! Isn't the FLA's upper limit 1,200 times?!

Higa: That's the limit on people from the real world diving inside... the actual limit is 5,000 times if only Artificial Fluctlights are present...

Rinko's eyes widened completely and utterly shocked.

Rinko: 5,000?! You mean... one second here would be about 80 minutes inside... 18 seconds would be an entire day?!

It was an impressive amount of mental calculation, but Higa and Kikuoka shook their heads in stiff unison.

Rinko: What? ...Where am I wrong?

Higa: 1,200 times is the safety limit we decided on when taking into account the soul lifespan of a real world human... 5,000 times is the limit of what can be observed in Underworld from outside... Neither is a hard limit...

Rinko: Th-Then... What in the world... is the hard limit...?

Higa: Well, as you know, Underworld is constructed and calculated with photons. The transmission speed of photons is theoretically limitless inside the Main Visualizer... meaning, the limit is determined by the equipped subordinate server architecture...