Chapter 48 The Swordsman And The Sniper

No one's POV

Currently back within in ALO, everyone was still watching the BoB stream, when they heard a knock at the door, as Kikuoka in his ALO avatar walked in.

Lisbeth: Chrysheight! You're late!

Chrysheight: I came here at top speed from the save point. If ALO had speed limits, they would've taken my license.

Without warning, Strea stood up and drew her her sword and pointed it at Chrysheight, glaring at him, as Asuna spoke up.

Asuna: What is going on?

Chrysheight: It might take a while to explain the whole thing... And I don't even know where to start-

Strea then put her sword closer to Chrysheight's face.

Strea: I already know what's happening. On November 9th, a player calling himself Death Gun fires at s monitor in GGO. On the same day, in Nakano Ward apartment, a player in a full dive died of unnatural causes. I want to know why you sent my little brother into that!

Chrysheight: That's a surprise. You gathered all that information, in this short time, and reached that conclusion? You wouldn't by any chance be interested in a part time job with the Virtual Division?

Strea proceeded swung her sword at Chrysheight, cutting his cheek as just glared at him. After which he just held his hands up.

Chrysheight: Sorry, sorry... At this point, I'm not going to try and lie to you. But, you are correct. All of it.

Mito: Kikuoka, you're the one who hired Nhazul. So you knew about those murders and had him convert his avatar anyway?!

Chrysheight: Wait a second. They aren't murders.

Kirito: What?

Chrysheight: You must know, an AmuSphere couldn't hurt a hair on your head, no matter what you did with it. And it certainly can't stop a heart that it isn't even connected to. Last week, Nhazul and I had a long debate about it, and ultimately reached that conclusion. A bullet in a video game can't kill a body in the real world.

Mito: Then why did you ask Nhazul to go to GGO? You felt something... No, you still do.

Leafa: That player named Death Gun has some kind of terrifying secret, right?

Asuna: Death Gun is an SAO survivor like us. And a former member of [Laughing Coffin], the worst of the Red guilds.

Hearing this, Chrysheight looked at Asuna surprised.

Chrysheight: Is that true?

Asuna: Yeah. I can't remember his name. But, Kirito, Mito, Nhazul, Klein and I were part of the fight against LC.

Lisbeth: H-Hey, Asuna... Does Chrysheight know about SAO? You said the real world, he's some government employee who does some kind of network stuff. And a part of his research into VRMMO's, he's playing ALO...