EX Chapter #13 Valentines

No one's POV

Currently, Shino was in her apartment within the kitchen setting up different bowls when she heard the doorbell.

Shino: Oh, that must be Asuna.

Shino then went to the door to open it and was met by Asuna.

Asuna: Hey, Sinonon!

Shino: Hey, Asuna. Did you bring everything?

Asuna then held up multiple supermarket bags.

Asuna: Yup!

Shino: Great! Come in.

As Shino let Asuna into her apartment, she proceeded to lead her to the kitchen.

Shino: Thank you again for helping me, Asuna.

Asuna: Don't worry it, I already finished Kirito's gift yesterday.

Both Shino and Asuna both got out the ingredients they needed for them to make peanut butter chocolates.

Shino: I'm glad you told me that he liked peanut butter chocolates. I had no idea what to get him, plus I'm not really used to giving someone chocolates...

Asuna: That's understandable. You two have only been dating for a month. At this point, I know pretty much all of his favorites foods.

Hearing this, Shino would look at Asuna surprised.

Shino: Really? You've known Nhazul that long?

Asuna: Yup. I knew Nhazul since the beginning of SAO, we were in a party together for awhile before we went our separate ways.

Shino: Really? What was he like in SAO?

Asuna: He was and still is extremely smart alecky, stand offish, tactless, rude, overall just a massive jerk.

Hearing this, Shino would just chuckle.

Shino: Oh, it wasn't just me who got that treatment.

Soon, Asuna would begin to smile, thinking back to the first time Nhazul was genuinely kind to her, seeing his true side.

(Flashback)

Nhazul: What is-

Without warning, Asuna held onto Nhazul, shaking and crying.

Asuna: I was afraid

Asuna: I was afraid... I was really afraid... After we fell, I lost my way and even lost my rapier... I thought my number was up... I was sure I was gonna die alone in this dark cave... I was so, so scared...

Seeing Asuna weak and vulnerable, Nhazul just sighed, placing his hand on her head, rubbing it.

Nhazul: I bet you were. But you did a good job hanging on. But you wouldn't have died here all alone. I wouldn't leave anyone in my party to die.