Chapter 5 The First Day

No one's POV

20 minutes after the Death Game began...

After SAO was announced to be a Death Game by the creator Kayaba Akihiko, within the panic, Nhazul and Philia had got away and made a beeline towards the next town. Along the way, the two would kill any and every monster along the way to gain levels.

Nhazul: And that makes 3.

Philia: looked around and noticed that there still weren't many players around the area they were.

Philia: I guess no other players have made it this far yet. We have enough monsters to go all around ourselves.

Nhazul: Which means at this pace, we can hit level 5 by the end of the day.

Nhazul then looked at Philia, and saw her tearing a bit.

Nhazul: Kotone? What's wrong?

Kotone: It's just... I wonder how my dad and little sister are handling this... I know it hasn't even been that long, but I miss them...

Seeing this, Nhazul looked down a bit saddened, unable to sympathize with her, not having anyone waiting for him on the other side. He soon walked up to her pressed his head to hers.

Nhazul: You'll see them again. I promise.

Philia looked up at Nhazul and smiled at him.

Philia: Right.

Suddenly, the two saw 2 more monsters appear in front of them. Rushing forward, both Nhazul and Philia used their Sword Skills, «Slant» and «Armor Pierce», killing them. Once finished, the two had arrived in the next town, the [Horuka Village]. Upon arriving, they immediately went to the shop and bought some cheep armor.

Nhazul: Alright, these should get our defense high enough.

Philia: So what are we going to do now? I'm sure more players will be here soon.

Nhazul: Which is why we need to act fast. There's a few petty Quests here, but there is one I need to get done as soon as possible.

Philia: Which is?

Nhazul: There's a Quest here that rewards a One Hand Long Sword, strong enough to carry me through the first 3 Floors.

Philia: Wait, really?

Nhazul: Yeah. Problem is, the item I need for it is a really annoying rare spawn. So I need to work fast.

Philia: Then I'll come with you.

Nhazul: No. you stay here and find all the petty Quests. They reward Col, materials and items we can sell. It'll be hard to do them when the others get here.

Philia: But...

Nhazul just held Philia's hand and smiled.

Nhazul: I'll be alright, I promise.

Philia just looked at Nhazul nervously, before she nodded, trusting in him.

Philia: Right. Please be careful.

Nhazul: I will. And be sure to stay here. The village counts as a Safe area.

Philia: Right.

(Timeskip)

After leaving Philia at the the village, Nhazul proceeded to make his way down a path towards the forest where the enemy he had to farm were located. After a few minutes, he encounters his first one. A [Nepenthes]

 A [Nepenthes]