EX Chapter #5 Family Portrait

No one's POV

Currently sitting on the edge of a floating Island within ALO, Nhazul was looking off into the distance, lost in thought.

Nhazul: ....

As Nhazul continued to sit, he soon saw movement behind him, before hearing someone call out to him.

???: Uncle! It's Uncle!

Nhazul: Hmm?

Nhazul looked back and saw both Kirito and Asuna, along with Yui with them.

Kirito: Oh, it really is Nhazul.

Yui: See! I told you I saw Uncle.

Asuna: What are you doing all the way out here, Nhazul?

Nhazul: I could ask you the same.

Kirito: Wanted us to take a family portrait, and we were looking for a good spot to take it.

Nhazul: That so?

Asuna then gave Kirito a look.

Kirito: W-What...?

Asuna: Well, that was before Kirito accepted a quest that was around here. Now we're taking a detour to slay some monsters draining water from a nearby village.

Nhazul: Monsters, huh? I assume you mean them.

Nhazul said, motioning down to a large group of monsters below the area they were at.

Nhazul: They just randomly spawned 15 minutes ago, and I assumed someone was doing a quest nearby.

Both Kirito and Asuna looked down at the monsters Nhazul pointed to.

Kirito: I think they're definitely the monsters.

Asuna: They're certainly big enough to dry up the whole river.

Yui: With their size, they can't be very agile. As long as we carefully time out attacks and make sure to dodge , we should be fine.

Asuna: You're right. Thanks, Yui.

Kirito looked over at Nhazul.

Kirito: If you're not busy, mind helping us clear them out?

Nhazul just shrugged his shoulders, standing up.

Nhazul: Sure. It's not like I was doing anything.

Kirito: Alright then. Let's do this!

Asuna and Yui: Okay!

Upon agreeing to help, Nhazul, Kirito and Asuna all jumped down and proceeded to engage the horde of monsters. After a 5 minute battle, the three were able to clear out the monsters.

Yui: We did it!

Asuna: Alright!

Kirito: Another quest down.

Asuna then looked around and saw nothing happening to the dried up river.

Asuna: Huh? Nothing's happening.

Kirito: That's strange... Are there other monsters we have to beat as well?

Yui: I don't think so.

Suddenly, the four proceeded to fell rumbling, surprising them.

Nhazul: Rumbling?

Kirito: Whoa! What's going on?!

Asuna: An earthquake?!

Yui: Here it comes! 3....2....1!

Suddenly, a massive water spout shot tons of water into the air, as the four jumped out. They proceeded to look back down and see the river being filled with water.

Asuna: Geez... That scared me... I thought something was about to explode.

Nhazul: So I assume that means you completed the quest?

Kirito: I have to say, I never expected there to be one finely trick like that.

Asuna: Me neither. I was started I almost passed out.

Nhazul: You're being overly dramatic.

Yui: Daddy, mommy, uncle! Look!

Everyone looked back and saw a rainbow in the sky.

Nhazul: A rainbow?

Kirito: It's beautiful! It must have been created by that water spray.

Yui: Wow, I've never seen a rainbow before! It's so beautiful!

Kirito: I can't believe this is all just a simulation. Wait, that's it!

Asuna: What's it?

Kirito: Why don't we take our family portrait now? We may never see such a beautiful rainbow again. It'd be perfect for a commemorative shot.

Hearing this, Yui looked excitedly.

Yui: Oh! Yes!

Asuna: This coming from the guy who wasn't thinking of anything other then a quest a moment ago.

Kirito: Come on, before it vanishes.

As the three began to prepare for their picture, Nhazul began to walk away, only to be stopped by Yui, who ran up to him.

Yui: Uncle, where are you going?

Nhazul: I'm leaving so you can take your family portrait.

Yui: Huh? You're not going to be in it?

Nhazul: No, this is something for you three. Besides I don't think-

Asuna: Of course we don't mind.

Nhazul looked over at Asuna, who was smiling.

Nhazul: But...

Kirito: I don't think Yui would want to take a family picture without her favorite uncle now that you're here.

Nhazul continued to look at the two of them surprised, before Yui grabbed Nhazul's hand and dragged him back.

Yui: Come on, uncle! Before the rainbow goes away!

Yui said, as she continued to drag Nhazul, sitting him down on the ground in between Kirito and Asuna, before hugging him from behind.

Kirito: Okay, here we go! Say cheese!

Nhazul just sighed, as he just decided to give a small smile for the picture, as Kirito's [Photo Crystal] went off