(Ordinal Scale Arc Finale) Chapter 75 Cordial Chords

No one's POV

Minato Ward, Motoakasaka, Block One...The eight-storey building slightly to the north of Aoyama Street was once the headquarters of Argus. Having ridden the subway Chiyoda Line and Ginza Line to arrive here from Yoyogi, Nhazul and Eiji hadn't spoken to each other at all on the train, they looked up at the black-tiled building without windows in silence for a few moments. Nhazul laid his eyes on this building through pictures and videos numerous times, but I've never visited it directly till today.

Nhazul: ...

Nhazul's thoughts: So this is where you created everything, huh, dad...?

The reason why Argus, a company that had been called a puny maker till the 2010s, grew so much that it was able to build an office for themselves in such a super prime district, was because they had the superhuman genius that was Kayaba Akihiko with them. The game titles for the consoles and PC that he developed sold over twenty million copies worldwide in total, earning Argus an enormous profit. Using those funds, Kayaba developed the NerveGear and SAO, which led to the incident that plunged the company in its entirety to the bottom of hell...

There were no lights in the pitch black building, while some grill shutters were lowered on the front entrance. There was a side entrance on the left side, but there were placards on the glass and it seemed unlikely that the door could be used.

Nhazul: Hey, you know...

Nhazul called out in a whisper to Eiji, standing at the boundary of the sidewalk and the building grounds.

Nhazul: What I wanted to know is the means to access the server; that doesn't mean I wanted you to accompany me to the server itself.

Eiji: Hmph, we've come here specifically because there are no such means. I thought I told you that the OS server is connected to the SAO server through a private line.

Nhazul: How about the lab at the institute or something?

Eiji went silent for a moment, before quickly shaking his head.

Eiji: Indeed, the lab at Touto Tech has a terminal for controlling White Yuna and Black Yuna. But it's impossible to access the SAO server through that machine. You need to open up a gate for FullDive use from the server side.

Nhazul: I see.

Nhazul's thoughts: We dived into the SAO server from the New National Stadium. But there was no doubt that White Yuna opened up the gate for us from inside the server. And she was no longer with us...

Eiji took out a portable device from the pocket of his blue track jacket. He launched some sort of app, before muttering.

Eiji: I think I should be able to open the side entrance and server room doors with my ID. However, there are remote surveillance cameras inside. If they spot something, the guard will be after us in no time.

Nhazul: Right.

As Nhazul looked towards his Augma, he called out to Strea.

Nhazul: Strea, you there?

Suddenly, white light gathered, as Strea appeared in her casual outfit.

Strea: Heyo, little brother!

Turning his back to Eiji as he gave me a suspicious expression.