Chapter 94 Climbing The Tower

No one's POV

After falling out of the Central Cathedral's 80th Floor, from the result of their Perfect Weapon Control art's clashing, Nhazul managed to stab his sword into a small gap in the Central Cathedral's outer wall and was now hanging on his sword while holding on to Alice with his other arm, barley escaping death.

Nhazul: ....-_-... Well, this is just great...

Alice: Enough! Let go of my hand! I don't intend to live with the shame of being saved by a sinner like you!

Suddenly, Alice started to flail around, trying to make Nhazul lose his grip and he looked down at her annoyed.

Nhazul: Can you not?! Stay still, you idiot! If you're an Integrity Knight, then realize that despair's not going to get you anywhere! Idiot!

Hearing this, Alice looked at Nhazul annoyed and blushing.

Alice: Y-You insulted me yet again! Take that back, criminal!

Nhazul: Shut up! I called you an idiot because you're being an idiot, idiot! Idiot! Now listen! If you fall to your death now, Eugeo, who's still inside the tower, will go to where the Pontifex is! Isn't it your job to stop that? So you'd think your top priority as an Integrity Knight would be to survive no matter what! You're an idiot who's too dumb to understand, so I'm calling you an idiot!

Hearing this, Alice looked at Nhazul even more annoyed.

Alice: T-That's eight times you spoke to me that way

Alice: T-That's eight times you spoke to me that way. But I see...What you're saying does make sense. And yet, if that's true, then why won't you let go of my hand? Can you prove that I won't find the reason to be less tolerable then death?

Nhazul: I...Eugeo and I didn't climb this high in the Cathedral to destroy the Axiom Church. We also want to protect the Human Empire from the Dark Territory's invasion. That's why I can't let you, one of the most powerful Integrity Knights, die now. Because you're a valuable asset.

Alice: Then why did you wield your sword against another and cause bloodshed, violating the gravest taboo of all?

Nhazul started to clinch his hand tightly thinking back to what happened to Ronye and Tiese and looked at Alice furiously with tears welling up in his eyes.

Nhazul: The reason why Eugeo and I did what we did at the Academy was because the Axiom Church and the Taboo Index are both wrong! Just because something's not prohibited by the Taboo Index, that gives High Ranking Nobles the right to have their way with innocent girls like Ronye and Tiese?! It allows them to attempt to rape them with no repercussions! Just for doing the right thing! Is that what you believe?! Well?! ANSWER ME, INTEGRITY KNIGHT!!!

Alice felt Nhazul's tears drop on her face and she just looked at him.

Alice: The law is the law... A crime is a crime... If the people are allowed to judge arbitrarily, then how are we to maintain order?