Chapter 87 Nobleman's Obligations

No one's POV

As Nhazul was busy studying, Eugeo decided to go to the Training Grounds, but found that two students had also occupied it, Humbert and Raios, who had previously harassed Nhazul and Eugeo for being commoners. Eugeo decided to ignore them, despite their attempts to annoy him. He decided to strike a practice log, while considering the words of Nhazul regarding the strength of one's sword.

He claimed that the style Raios and Humbert use drew power half from their own strength, and half from their bottomless pride. After finishing his practice, Humbert mocked Eugeo's lack of form and offered to teach him a proper one. To his surprise, Eugeo accepted his lesson in the form of a practice match. After a struggle to overpower one another, Eugeo barely managed to disarm Humbert before Raios called the match a draw. Eugeo contemplated the strength he saw behind Humbert's sword, and wondered what he could use to put into his sword.

Currently within their room, both Nhazul and Eugeo, discussing the matter of what happened to Eugeo between Raios and Humbert.

Eugeo: It's been 3 days. It feels weird that nothing's happened after they hinted of mischief.

Nhazul: There's the Taboo Index as well as the school registrations. I guess it's not easy to harass someone here. But on the other hand, that means as long as you don't violate the Taboos, you can do anything you want.

Eugeo: Don't violate the Taboos? But what could...

Nhazul: They're most likely trying to get into our heads by just hinting that they might do something. So let's keep our heads straight. Let's stay cool.

Eugeo then looked at Nhzual confused.

Eugeo: What's that? S-Stay...

Nhazul: Um, that's the innermost secret of the [Aincrad style]. It's like "Let's stay calm". Though it can also be used as a farewell. Kind of like, " Okay, see you you!"

Eugeo: Alright. I'll keep that in mind. S-Stay cool...stay cool.

Nhazul just rolled his eyes and got up.

Nhazul: Alright, I'm going to bed.

Eugeo: Don't you forget, we're spending tomorrow's Day of Rest with Tiese and Ronye, and heading into the campus forest for a get together.

Nhzual: I know, I know. I didn't forget.

Eugeo: They're coming here at 9:00 so make sure you're ready by then!

Nhzual: Yeah, I know. Just wake me up at 8:00.

Eugeo: 8:00 is too late. 7:30!

Nhazul: ...-_-... Oh yes, the extra half hour really makes a difference...

Eugeo: 7:30!

Nhazul just rolled his eyes.

Nhazul: Fine...

Eugeo: Good night, Nhazul! Stay cool.

Nhazul: I said it was a farewell greeting, but you don't use it every night before you go to bed. You should save it for a real goodbye, okay?

Eugeo: It's pretty complicated, huh?

(Timeskip)

Currently, Nhazul, Eugeo, Ronye and Tiese are all in the campus forest,