Chapter 110 Sacrifice

No one's POV

After thinning the ranks of the Dark Mages and Ogres, Alice had landed on the ground near Fanatio and the other soldiers, before she fell, however quickly Fanatio caught her.

Fanatio: You did well. The enemy has retreated. You brought us victory.

Alice: Lady Fanatio... The battle isn't over yet. We must use Healing Arts to consume the Sacred Power that formal Art generates so the enemy can't reuse it. After all, their main forces, the Dark Knights and the Pugilist guild are still untouched.

Fanatio: Everyone who can move, take the wounded and fall back! Monk unit, focus on healing the wounded until all spatial power is depleted! And watch for enemy movement!

As Fanatio sat Alice down, she got ready to leave.

Fanatio: I'm going to report to the Knight Commander. Can I leave things here to you?

As Alice nodded, Fanatio walked away, before looking towards Amayori.

Alice: You did well, too, Amayori. Go back to your bed and eat your fill.

As Amayori nodded and flew off, Eldrie has walked up behind Alice, as she saw that he was covered in blood.

Alice: Eldrie! You're not injured, are you?

Eldrie: Right... I haven't sustained any major wounds... But I should have perished in battle...

Alice: What are you saying? Your duty is to lead the guards until the battle is over.

Eldrie: I failed to carry out my duty... Not only was my camp breached by Goblins, their Chief was brought down by Sir Renly. How shameful is that? I betrayed your expectations of me...

Eldrie's thoughts: To think I had presumed to seek her heart... her love...it's beyond laughable!

Eldrie: I have no right to call myself your disciple!

Alice: You... You did well. I, the Guard unit, as well as all the people of the Human Empire need you. Why are you being so harsh on yourself?

Eldrie: Need? For my strength? Or...

Suddenly, the two  heard growing and looked over in the smoke and saw a Ogre, who had been badly wounded from Alice's attack walking towards them.

Alice: Your life must almost be depleted. So why are you standing there unarmed?

 So why are you standing there unarmed?