Chapter 17 No Matter What World...

No one's POV

7 Months Later...

7 more months into SAO, The Assault Team reached the 25th Floor between February and March. Due to this particular Floor being incomparably more dangerous than the previous Floor, many players lost their lives by simply navigating towards the next town as a result of the numerous traps and powerful monsters throughout the Floor.

By the time the Assault Team managed to finally reach the Labyrinth, the group's spirit had nearly reached its breaking point. At the time, Kibaou had been a central figure at maintaining the morale of the frontline players, however, misled by false information given to him by a player wearing a hooded poncho, just before the boss battle at the top of the Dungeon, he and his guild, the [Aincrad Liberation Squad] recklessly charged into the Boss Room with a sub-optimal raid party composed of approximately forty players under his command, ten players short of a full raid party to face off against

 At the time, Kibaou had been a central figure at maintaining the morale of the frontline players, however, misled by false information given to him by a player wearing a hooded poncho, just before the boss battle at the top of the Dungeon, he and...

[Asura the Executioner], a giant, wearing an iron mask. A boss that wields various weapons on his 4 different arms(2 iron balls in the lower arms on its right was a big scythe and the left a big axe) and attacks with waves that inflict curse or paralysis.

By the time the main force of the frontline players arrived at the boss room, over half of the members of the guild had met their demise. Although the boss was ultimately defeated, the great death toll among both the ALS, and the other frontline players that arrived as reinforcements midway into the battle, left the Assault Team devastated in the aftermath. As a result, Kibaou and his remaining guildmates departed from the frontlines back to the 1st Floor. The Assault Team as a whole were reduced to two thirds of their original size due to the casualties experienced on the floor.

As a result, Nhazul, Philia, Kirito and Asuna all decided to go their separate ways. Asuna joining the newly formed [Knights of The Blood],

who Nhazul would give the [Flag of Valor] due to them becoming the new guild leading the battle and motivating the players on the front lines

who Nhazul would give the [Flag of Valor] due to them becoming the new guild leading the battle and motivating the players on the front lines. Kirito has returned to being a solo player and Nhazul and Philia had returned to a two man party.