Chapter 107 Prelude To War

No one's POV

Currently flying through the skies, Alice and Nhazul heading towards the Cathedral atop of Amayori. Once she had arrived at the training camp where the Integrity Knights were training soldiers, she jumped down, holding Nhazul in her arms.

???: Mentor!

As Alice looked over, she saw Eldrie running towards her, glad to see her.

Eldrie: I always believed in you!

As Eldrie got closer, he quickly noticed that she had brought Nhazul with her and had annoyed look.

Eldrie: Lady Alice...

As Alice got Nhazul's wheelchair and sat him down on it, she looked towards Eldrie.

Alice: I just looked at the Eastern Gate. There's not much time before the gate's destroyed and the enemy pushes through.

Eldrie: The enemy army has about 50,000 troops. We have 3,000. We have to give them what training we can.

Alice: Where are the other Integrity Knights? From above, I could only see seven outside.

Eldrie: That's everyone...

Alice looked at him shocked.

Alice: That's ridiculous! There should be 31 members of the order, including me!

Eldrie: Surely you're aware, Lady Alice. That Prime Senator Chudelkin had been used a returning art on Knights who showed symptoms of memory issues. Ten of those knights have yet to awaken from that art. At this time, 21 knights are awake. Four are watching over the Cathedral and the capital, and four are patrolling the End Mountains.

Alice: That leaves 13...

Eldrie: Our forces are already stretched too thin. And yet, Lady Alice...

Eldrie then glared at Nhazul.

Eldrie: Do you intend to shield that young man while fighting?

Alice: Of course I do. Because I swore to protect him.

Eldrie: You mustn't, Mentor! Should you encumber yourself with such deadweight in battle, not only will it diminish the power of your sword, it could expose you to danger yourself!

???: Well, don't get so worked up, Eldrie.

The two of them looked back and saw Bercouli standing behind them.

Bercouli: Yo, little one

Bercouli: Yo, little one. I'm relieved to see you look better then I expected. Have your cheeks filled in a little?

Alice: Uncle. It's been a long time.

As Bercouli then nodded, he started to walk towards them. As Eldrie went to say something, Bercouli glared at him, silencing him, before stopped near Nhazul and looked at him.