Chapter 118 Shocking Revelations

No one's POV

Currently, Higa was still being held a gunpoint by Yanai inside the Main Shaft, as he looked at him confused and shocked.

Yanai: Don't move.

Higa: Mr. Yanai....why are you doing this...?

Yanai: L-Listen, you've got the wrong idea treating me like a traitor. I'm just following through with my goal. I'm going to carry through on the boss's legacy. That's why I infiltrated Rath!

Higa: T-The boss's legacy? Who are you taking about?

Yanai: Someone you know really well! It's Mr. Sugou!

Hearing this, Higa  looked at Yanai shocked.

Higa: Carry on his legacy? But he's not even dead!

Yanai: He might as well be! He'll be locked up for God knows how long. It was a close call for me, too. But I blamed it all on my coworker and managed to get away.

Higa: Then you were involved in Sugou's human experiments, too?

Yanai: I wasn't just "involved"! I was the one who gathered the data for it. That was fun research. You know, like virtual tentacle play. Well, my current life might be coming to an end, but the line he connected is still active. So I have to make use of it, otherwise he'll be upset, right?

Higa: Line? To where?

Yanai: The American National Security Agency.

Higa again looked at Yanai completely shocked.

Higa: You're the one who's been leaking information about [Project Alicization] to the Americans!

Yanai: If the Americans down below succeed in retrieving Alice, there'll be a big bonus and a position for me overseas! What is that, if not American success story Mr. Sugou dreamed of?

Higa's thoughts: If we don't hurry, then Nhazul will... Please notice, Ms Rinko!

As Higa was clinching his laptop so tightly, he accidentally dropped it, causing Yanai to point his gun at him.

Yanai: D-Don't move!

As Yanai shot Higa, hitting him in the shoulder, he held it as blood started running down his arm. Back within in the Sub Control Room, Rinko was sitting at the computer, waiting for Higa, as Kikuoka ran in.

Kikuoka: H-How's Nhazul's doing?

Rinko: Higa's operation just started. Is the decoy working?

Kikuoka: I had them throw our entire supply of smoke grenades. We should be able to distract them until the smoke clears from the corridor, but after that, we'll have to lock the bulkhead again. We don't have much time.

Rinko: Well, Higa said we should see results in five minutes, at most.

Rinko then noticed something on the screen and pulled it up.

Rinko: Let's see. "Limit, opposition quotient...detection threshold...report"? What is this?

Kikuoka then looked at the screen completely shocked.

Kikuoka: W-What?!

Rinko: W-What's wrong?

Kikuoka then pulled something up on the screen.

Kikuoka: There's no question. It's a new limit breaking Fluctlight. But why now, at a time like this?!

Rinko: You mean it's a second ALICE?

Kikuoka: Technically, it's not on the same level as Alice. It looks like the artificial Fluctlight broke its limits through its emotional circuits, rather than its logical circuits. Oh no! It's moving towards the group of Americans to the south!