Chapter 65 Hard Choices

No one's POV

As Nhazul's foster parents had sat down together, the two proceeded to look towards all of Nhazul's friends.

???: To start I guess we should start from the beginning. My name is Hiro and this is my wife Rin...

Rin: We won't waste time in our explanation. We'll get straight to the point... Due to Nhazul being charged with Aggravated Assault, they were going to try him as an adult... so they wanted to send him to prison...

Rika: Prison?! All he did was push that creep on the ground and away from Aya!

Asuna: Sugou is the type of person to blow something out of proportion... There's no telling what he said to them...

Hiro: We were told that he was violently beaten and would require multiple surgeries for his face....

Strea: That Bastard...

Rin: We knew everything he said was a complete lie, but against someone like him, with so much power and influence, there was almost nothing we could do... We hired the best lawyer to try and figure something out, but  after 3 months of back and forth, the best we could get was cutting a plea deal...

Kazuto: A deal?

Asuna: What kind of Plea deal?

Rin: If Nhazul were to complete a one-year probation sentence, along with us being a fine of 2,000,000 Yen, they wouldn't send him prison...

Hearing this information , everyone looked at Nhazul's parents completely shocked.

Shino: Does Nhazul know this?

Hiro: No, he doesn't.

Asuna: Why didn't you tell him?

Hiro: Because we didn't want him to return...

Kazuto: What..?

Hiro: Even with the sentence, and him completing the probation, it wouldn't get rid of the charge, it still be on his record and people would still know... So the feeling of being an outcast would still be there... We didn't want him to go through that... So that's why we did what we did... Why we treated him so harshly... That's why we sent him away... So he wouldn't have any reason to return... To have a new start... If you're all his friends, you all should know just stubborn he could be... He wouldn't have left us even if we only asked or told him...

Everyone soon went silent, knowing how true those words were. No matter what it was, once Nhazul had his mind set, nothing could stop him. Soon after, Rin began to tear up, thinking back to the worst moment of her life.

(Flashback)

Currently, an emotionally broken Nhazul was standing in front of a train that was stopped and letting on and off people. Nhazul had his bags packed, getting ready to be sent away, and before getting on, he looked back at his parents who had disappointed faces, and he looked towards his mother, as she looked at her face, as he only said two words.

Nhazul: I'm sorry...

As Nhazul walked onto the train, with his things, as they started closing, and departed, Hiro held his face, switching to saddened expression, tears welling up in his eyes, as for Rin, she simply fell to her knees, crying her eyes out, as a Security guard walked up to them.

Security guard: Hey, are you two okay?

Rin didn't say anything, as she continued to cry, as Hiro knelt down to her, comforting her, both devastated from hurting their son.