Chapter 36 Retribution

No one's POV

After being teleported by Yui, Nhazul, Kirito and Strea were all taken to a white hallway, along with Yui and Strea no longer in their Pixie forms.

Kirito: Yui?

Nhazul: Strea?

Kirito: Where are we?

Yui: I don't know... There appears to be no map data.

Nhazul: But do you know where we can find Asuna?

Yui: Yes. We're... We're quite close. This way!

As Yui started to run down the hallway, the three of them started to follow her. As she then turned the corner and made a hole in the wall, they all continued to follow her through them. Eventually, they made it to a walkway on the tree branch.

Kirito: This is.... The top of Yggdrasil?

Strea: It's nothing but a giant tree here. Wasn't supposed to be a floating city...?

Kirito: Grand Quest, my ass. It was all a sham. I'll make him pay.

Nhazul looked up abs saw what looked like to be a bird cage at the top of the tree.

Nhazul: Look!

Kirito, Yui and Strea looked up and saw the bird cage.

Kirito: Let's go!

As four continued to run up the path leading to the bird cage, as they eventually reached it, they found her. They found Asuna laying against her bed, as Yui called out to her.

Yui: Mama!

Hearing Yui's voice, Asuna looked straight up, as she turned around and saw everyone standing in front of the door. Seeing them, Asuna began to cry,

Yui made the door shattered, quickly running up to Asuna and hugging her

Yui: Mama!

Asuna: Yui!

Yui: Mama. Mama!

Kirito proceeded to walk in next and up to Asuna, as she smiled at him.

Asuna: Kirito.