the lacrosse game

—

Saturday night came quicker than expected.

Ryder had unknowingly spent majority of the day searching for the perfect outfit to wear on her not so date with Austin. Then the girl had just decided to wear something simple since they were only going to a lacrosse game and then getting ice cream afterwards.

Arriving at the school, saying a swift goodbye to her father, who only glance at her in acknowledgment.

Rolling her eyes, the brunette exited the vehicle with a scrunched face. She walked towards the sound of cheers and muffled voices.

"Ryder!" She hears a girly voice call out for her.

She looks up at nods towards Allison, the pale girl smiling brightly at her and gesturing for her to sit with them.

"Come sit with us!"

"Oh!" She acts shocked as she speaks, "No, I'm okay! Really, it's all good."

"Are you sure?" Allison asks, "We don't mind."

"Oh, i'm sure Lydia minds." Ryder says back, earning a glare from the strawberry blonde, "Hey, actually, have you seen Austin anywhere?"

Lydia jumps in before Allison can respond, "You mean the cute new boy with the blue eyes?"

"Yeah, that's the one." Ryder could tell Lydia was trying to get under her skin, she didn't fall for it though, she didn't have the time.

She watches as Lydia scoffs with an eye roll, Allison taking over, "Haven't seen him yet. You can stay with us until he shows up."

"I don't think—"

"Ryder!"

Turning around in confusion, Ryder frowns at the sight of Stiles Stilinski running up to her.

"What the hell do you want?"

The boy scoffs jokingly, "Is that any way to talk to your best friend?"

"Stiles, I don't like you."

Turning to the girls that watch the pair in confusion, Stiles point to Ryder with a chuckle, "Can you believe her?"

"I need to talk to you." Stiles says, keeping his tone light but his eyes showed the girl that it was urgent.

"Wha—?"

"Like now."

Ryder couldn't help but frown at his demanding tone. She could think about what was so important that Stiles of so suddenly wanted to converse with her again.

"Stiles, we haven't spoken in nearly five years, what the hell do you want?"

"How do you know about Scott?"

His question wasn't very specific. It threw her off a bit, but she still answered.

"We've been going to the same school for the past sixteen years, we have classes together—"