new teacher

—

"Ryder, hey!"

The voice had the girl looking up from her phone, stopping her from typing a message to Derek.

The only reason why the girl was going out of her way to speak to the Hale was because Isaac was missing. After Derek had sent his beta to go search for Erica and Boyd, he ended up losing him in the process.

At the beginning of the summer, Isaac and Ryder had gotten pretty close. They had broken the ice of the Lahey having a small crush on the girl. Austin didn't take lightly to the news, getting over his jealously rather quickly as he realized they were now only best friends.

If anything, they now saw each other as brother and sister, having a silent agreement that they would protect one another as family would.

After she had gotten a message from Derek Hale, she quickly scolded herself for not blocking the man's number.

She had just unblocked Scott and Stiles a few weeks after the kanima incident, it didn't register in her mind to block Derek's number in the process.

However, she was partially grateful she didn't, otherwise she wouldn't have known of Isaac's disappearance.

"What?"

Lydia walked forward as Allison stepped back at her unapproachable attitude. It was clear that the Miller teen still held a grudge against the Argent for when she attacked them.

"How was your summer?"

Ryder squinted, deciding on if she wanted to give the girl any time out of her day.

Lydia and Ryder hadn't even gotten the chance to speak about the Miller turning into a wolf in front of her, or Lydia going out of her way to help.

Lydia knew of the supernatural world now, thank God, now no one had to tiptoe around her.

Unfortunately, this meant that any time the two crossed paths, Lydia thought it was best to try and start a conversation with her.

"My summer was fine, Lydia. How was yours?"

The strawberry blondes eyes widen, "It was good! Great, even. How was—never mind." She cut herself off upon realizing she was going to repeat herself.

Ryder hid a smile, raising a brow before stepping away, "I'm gonna walk away now."

"Okay." The Martin teen nods, closing her eyes as she let out a breath.